What Destroyed The Maya?By Gerard
The Maya civilization was among the most advanced in history, and its disintegration has perplexed researchers for ages. One of the most compelling theories to date suggests that a shifting climate, playing puppeteer to sociopolitical marionettes, had a devastating role in the Maya's downfall.
Now, researchers have combined remarkably detailed climate data - recorded in a Central American stalagmite - with historical records to help determine what really happened to this mysterious Mesoamerican society.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM HUMOR
- And here’s that time I was stalked by Santa by Christopher De Voss
- The Interview, Sony, North Korean Hackers, and American Film Comedy by Humorinamerica
- Top 10 Character Themed Christmas Trees by Russell Deasley
- Australian Toilets Bamboozled Me – By Bob On The Pot by Gingerfightback
John Galliano Thanksgiving True Blood Lance Armstrong Nuclear Energy Russia China Economy News Corp Rupert Murdoch Egypt European Union Halloween World Cup 2014 Lady Gaga The Box Office Climate Change Michelle Rodriguez X-Factor Christmas Valentine's Day Harry Potter Apps Hurricane Sandy Barack Obama Samsung Academy Awards North Korea Apple Turkey
MOST RECOMMENDED IN HUMOR
- I’m So Vein by Dianelaneyfitzpatrick
- A Short Conversation with my Dog about Vacation by Kidfreeliving
- The Saturday Six: Christmas Sweaters by Christopher De Voss
- Boulder Twinkle – A Photo Essay by Susie Lindau