What Destroyed The Maya?By Gerard
The Maya civilization was among the most advanced in history, and its disintegration has perplexed researchers for ages. One of the most compelling theories to date suggests that a shifting climate, playing puppeteer to sociopolitical marionettes, had a devastating role in the Maya's downfall.
Now, researchers have combined remarkably detailed climate data - recorded in a Central American stalagmite - with historical records to help determine what really happened to this mysterious Mesoamerican society.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM HUMOR
- Top 10 Pictures of Cats Swimming by Russell Deasley
- Russian Kid Is A Human Magnet… Here Are 3 Potential Drawbacks. by Nottheworstnews
- Sorry, 'Kippers', not good enough! by Davidduff
- And Now A Word from the Swamp Heifer Advisory Board by Pearl
Michelle Rodriguez Egypt North Korea John Galliano Thanksgiving Russia Valentine's Day Climate Change Hurricane Sandy Apple Harry Potter Samsung Christmas Apps Turkey Lady Gaga Father's Day European Union Lance Armstrong Barack Obama Mali X-Factor The Box Office Halloween Economy China True Blood News Corp Mardi Gras Academy Awards
MOST RECOMMENDED IN HUMOR
- What Do You Mean You Don’t Eat That? by Dianelaneyfitzpatrick
- Kurt Vonnegut is Taken Seriously, and You Won’t Believe What Happens Next! by Humorinamerica
- Thanksgiving with Bob Hope, Lady Gaga and Tennessee Ernie Ford by Humorinamerica
- A RECAP OF THE 2014 HOLLYWOOD FILM AWARDS IN CASE YOU MISSED IT by Christopher De Voss