Wandering in Tikling Island, SorsogonBy Wanderingjoshua
It wasn't far from Subic Beach so we didn't have to wait long before docking. The beach was very similar to the one in Subic. The pinkish, soft sand was something we were getting used to. But behind the coconut trees were different rock formations which were the highlight of this island.
There was a short trek through a forested area before reaching the rock formations. Behind the trees stood large, black rock formations reminiscent of Biri (for me at least).
The picturesque rock formations were something else. They are just big, black rocks but their rawness and natural beauty were something to look at.
This rock formation looks like a throne.
Underwater on Tikling Island
Aside from the rock formations, Tikling Island presented itself as a viable snorkeling spot with many colorful corals and rocks.
We didn't have any gear with us that's why I settled taking photos of the nearby corals, which were just by the rock formations. I didn't have to venture out to capture these colorful corals. Sir Alex told us that this side of the island was a prime snorkeling spot..
Visiting Sorsogon has been a revelation. There are many beautiful spots on this side of the Philippines which are underdeveloped. As always there are ways to develop a place without harming the ecosystem or casting people aside. Aside from the beautiful locations around this province (which are plenty, I haven't even been to the other parts yet), the people had a connection with each other that was endearing.
The long ride all the way from the northern part of Sorsogon to the end of Luzon was worth it.
How to get to Tikling Island
The trip to Tikling Island was included in our day tour of Juag Lagoon and Subic Beach. Sir Alex allowed us to rent his boat and services for only P1,000. You can contact him through 09183045437.
We caught the last ride from Matnog at 4:30PM to Sorsogon City where we had to catch the last van at 7PM to Legazpi, Albay.
These articles might interest you :
Misty Copeland in an Under Armour commercial Misty Copeland made history on June 30th when she was promoted within the American Ballet Theatre, becoming the... Read moreThe 21 July 2015 by Juliez
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
Nick Revell – could this man ever become a UK politician?Comedian Nick Revell is working on his next hour-long show. We had tea together in Soho.“What is the ne... Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Thejohnfleming
It’s hard enough trying to raise a child between two households. When you bring finances into the picture, things can really get messy. Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Peppertan
I have a random memory of being very young and an elderly relative telling me seriously that while out in town I should be aware of the dangers of white slavery. Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Kirsty Stonell Walker
I think I have a thing for train station and fashion photography combined. Floral dress for summer is not so groundbreaking, but when you add your own little... Read moreThe 21 July 2015 by Shegotherown
The organizers of the DomainX 2015 domain conference will be held August 7-8 at the Taj West End in Bangalore, India told Thedomains.com that they have over... Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Worldwide
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Inspiration : 5 Pins & 5 Links by Simonea
- Craft Beer Rising at Drygate this weekend – Got your ticket? by Emma
- The Society Diaries (Sept/Oct 15) Accessory Concierge, The Rustic and Joseph Haubert by Ohsocynthia
- 3 Things We Wish We Would’ve Done Before Our RTW Trip by Livingthedreamrtw
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- High Above the City State: Experiencing the Singapore Flyer by Wanderingjoshua
- Which Fried Foods Are Worth Your Coupons At The State Fair of Texas In 2015? by Ohsocynthia
- Marriage, Bloodline and Leisure in Bohol by Davedtc
- A Cycling Microadventure: Oregon By Weekend by Awanderingphoto
ON THE DESTINATIONS FORUM
- House & Home : The "Horizon" ... Reviewed by Roma Haly
- 西大寺五福通り，看板建築のまちなみ / Saidai-ji, Gofuku-Street, with nostalgia Reviewed by 0×高さ8cmイエロー
- 再開発に消えゆく下町，東池袋 / Higashi-Ikebukuro, unpretentious streets and ... Reviewed by アルミコーナーパイプレンチ35
- ノスタルジックな情緒溢れる渋温泉郷 / Shibu Onsen, a nostalgic ... Reviewed by 4cmフライパン(ミラー)1165