Venice: the Famous Attractions, but Also the True Beauty- Intimate Canals and Charming Old FacadesBy Decorology @decorology_blog
The one and only Grand Canal
St. Mark's square. A place where people try to touch pigeons they would otherwise find disgusting. Unfortunately Basilica San Marco was covered in scaffolding at the time we were there, so I'm including a picture from my fist visit below.
Souvenir shops abound
Street parking can be hard to find
The bridge is the famous Ponte di Rialto, which was so packed when we arrived that we could barely walk. If you don't like crowds or tourist traps don't linger here.
On the larger, commercial canals you can find beautiful and varying architecture
Now for my favorite parts of Venice - heading into the narrower canals
The facades on the back streets show wear, but combined with the lovingly tended flower boxes and laundry hung out to dry it creates a charming scene of life in Venice.
Sunset over a canal.
Have any of you been to Venice? What was your favorite aspect?
Here's that list again of all my posts from our travels that I've posted -
•Introduction to my European backpacking trip and a list of places we visited
• Galicia - Baiona and Isle de Cies
• Galicia - the coast, some charming vineyards, and Pontevedra
• Santiago de Compostela and gorgeous hidden beaches
• Gorgeous mountain lakes of Picos de Europa
• Stunning mountains - Picos de Europa
• Bilbao and San Sebastian
• Beautiful Barcelona
• The amazing Sagrada Familia Cathedral in Barcelona
• Art Nouveau dream house by Gaudi in Barcelona
• Not to miss - the gorgeous rocky coast of Italy's Cinque Terre
• More from my summer traveling Europe - amazing Rome
• From my summer in Europe - amazing Pompeii
• Turquoise ocean and vineyards on cliffs - the amazingly stunning Amalfi coast
• My Summer in Europe: Pictures from lovely Florence, Italy
• Enchanting Siena
Thanks as always to my boyfriend Chris, who took these amazing photos.
These articles might interest you :
Common cranes have been hand-reared to fly alongside a microlight to capture these images. Earthflight uses many different filming techniques to create the... Read moreBy Gerard
Prices in Venice and how to save! Nobody said that you’d be saving money here. Prices in Venice aren’t going to be the same as Zimbabwe but what did anyone... Read moreBy Smartgirltravel
DESTINATIONS, TRAVEL, VACATION
Each year in February, tourists from all over the world meet in this special city, built on a lagoon, where the streets are in the water and every building lead... Read moreBy Connie
photo : Mauro Cateb Venice, situated in northeast Italy, is approximately 3.5 hours drive from Stadl an der Mur – or around 200 miles/330 km. It would be an... Read moreBy Linda
On most weekends we frequently visit BGC (Bonifacio Global City) to let our kids spend the afternoon playing in the manicured lawns. Read moreBy Killerfillers
The Campo San Polo is the largest of all the city squares in Venice. It is a bright and vibrantly coloured campo with exciting and delicious eateries lining... Read moreBy Laurawh77
The following morning Sarah and I allowed ourselves to sleep in until 9am. Which was very late consider out schedule throughout the trip. Read moreBy Laurawh77
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- First Paris performance of the Shuman Show on Saturday May 6th! by Invisiblebordeaux
- Knoxville Named The Best Place To Retire Early 2017 by Knoxvillehometeam
- Event: Ideal Home Show and Eat & Drink Festival by Emma
- #London Walks – #LondonRuns - A First Review For The NEW Jogging Tours With LW's @hallett_g by Lwblog