Simple but stunning, this easy dish comes together in a snap. Don't let the quick cook time deceive you—the flavors in this gem from VN columnist Robin Robertson combine in a truly tantalizing way, and you still have plenty of time to enjoy your evening.
What You Need:
2 pounds rainbow chard (or other variety of Swiss chard), ends trimmed
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 garlic cloves, finely minced
1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried figs
1/4 cup pine nuts
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
What You Do:
1. Coarsely chop chard and add it to a pot of boiling salted water. Cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add figs and pine nuts and cook until the pine nuts are lightly toasted, about 1 minute.
3. Stir in reserved chard and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until hot, stirring occasionally.
These articles might interest you :
This recipe was passed on to me by an Aunty. It was passed to her by her Grandma. And now I’m passing it on to you! Great-grandma Beatrice was a farmers wife... Read moreBy Clevermuffin
FOOD & DRINK, RECIPES
I have been wanting to write this blog entry for some time but with everyday life, commitments and holidays taking over, time has elapsed and we are already in... Read moreBy Melikeyuk
DESTINATIONS, FOOD & DRINK, RECIPES
Fellow winos, a few of my go-to selections… You can stand there for a good 20 minutes, scanning shelf after shelf, not really sure what you’re looking for, mayb... Read moreBy Erika Brechtel
DRINK, FASHION, FOOD & DRINK, LIFESTYLE
I recently had a friend ask me how to put together a cheese plate for a party for a small dinner party she was throwing. She was nervous about it, because... Read moreBy Karenvanzant
DRINK, FOOD & DRINK
Domino may be gone, but god opened a window and has graced us with a handful of really great new online decorating and interior design magazines. These pretty... Read moreBy Decorology
HOME, INTERIOR DESIGN
oh I still miss Domino...enjoy this little taste of the past Read moreBy Decorology
HOME, INTERIOR DESIGN
is a 250 year-old tree that covers about 14,500 square meters of land in the Acharya Jagadish Chandra Bose Botanical Garden near Calcutta, making it the widest... Read moreBy Gerard
ANIMALS & WILDLIFE, ENVIRONMENT, HUMOR, RANDOM
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- Event Preview: Big Feed Glasgow – 25th to 26th March by Emma
- Sip, Bite & Read at Coffee Book by Clarisays
- Today's Review: Tyrrell's Kale & Spirulina Corn Chips by Areviewaday
- Haka @Fort, Mumbai : Old school Chinese ! by Pawan Soni