Prior to the premiere of True Blood season 5 sources around the web questioned whether the HBO series lost its edge. The ratings however tell a different story. According to the Hollywood Reporter, season 5 opened to 6 million viewers between the 9PM EST showing and its 11pm encore. The numbers marked a 3% increase when compared to the season 4 finale.
This is the first time it has not increased its viewership compared to other season openers, season 4′s was 4% higher. But season 4 remained consistantly in the 5 million range in terms of the 2011 season.
From where True Blood started in 2008 with just 1.44 million viewers, the series has risen to become HBO’s most watched series to date.
Congratulations to the cast, crew, and staff of True Blood for a very successful premiere and may the audience continue to grow!
Source: Hollywood Reporter.com- “‘True Blood’ Season 5 Premiere Pulls 6.3 Million Viewers”
Image Credit: HBO, Inc.
- True Blood Ratings are Bloody Good!
- HBO Keeps Film Production Home With the Help of California
- True Blood Season 4: Tara’s New Sexual Identity
- True Blood One of the Most Pirated Shows of 2011
- True Blood is Sex, Drugs, Blood, Comedy, and Suspense