The Current Events numbers were a bit on the low side, but they picked up with the next two rounds, as they were both strong rounds. It was tight heading into IQ Trivia, with two teams tied and three points separating the top six teams.
But the team of How Dare You, Benedict Gorman! (We Love You Anyway) got 4 of the 5 questions correct and went on to a six-point win with 48 total points. Nice job as usual, guys.
Second place went to Rubber Bumper Baby Buggerers with 42 points, and third went to Rusty Trombone with 40.
A reminder to everyone that we will be doing a special night of Trivia on Sunday, June 5th, at a special time as well: 7:30 PM. We will return to Tuesday nights in two weeks, June 14th at 9 PM. And we return there to stay.
Best Team Name: My Teenage Daughter Ran Away From Home and Took The Car With Her. A Big Reward For The Car.
1. This past Sunday, Malta became the last country in the European Union to legalize what?
2. Jeff Conaway, who originally gained fame as a regular on what ABC sitcom, died last week at the age of 60.
3. The 37th G8 Summit was held last week in what European country?
4. What superstar actress is currently under fire for giving her support to a planned government carbon tax in her native Australia?
5. What New York congressman claims he was the victim of an Internet hacker he says posted a lewd picture of him on his Twitter account?
6. Jim Tressel, head football coach at what Big Ten football school, resigned this past weekend after a 5-month scandal involving a cover-up of his Players' violations?
7. Hackers attacked the official PBS website this past weekend, leaked passwords and published a false story that dead rap stars Tupac Shakur and Biggie Smalls were alive and living in what Pacific nation?
1. In 1991, who became the first country singer to enter the US pop album chart at number one?
2. In 1999, what Keanu Reeves film became the first DVD to sell one million copies?
3. The 1998 Good Friday Agreement sought peace in what country?
4. Val Kilmer played what rock superstar in a 1991 Oliver Stone-directed film?
5. What childhood disease did just 312 Americans have in 1993, an all-time record low?
6. What MLB team won division titles every year in the decade of the 1990s, except 1990 and 1994's strike season?
7. Madonna won a Golden Globe award for Best Actress for what 1996 film?
Dead or Alive Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. John Glenn
2. Isaac Hayes
3. Zsa Zsa Gabor
4. Dennis Hopper
5. Kirk Douglas
6. Tony Curtis
7. Vanessa Redgrave
8. Ernest Borgnine
9. Ike Turner
10. Abigail Van Buren
1. What is the last letter of the Greek alphabet? ( 1 pt)
2. Kiev is the capital of what European country? ( 1 pt)
3. What is the collective term for a group of geese? ( 1 pt)
4. According to the New Testament, what color was the robe Pontius Pilate's soldiers put on Jesus? ( 2 pt)
5. What was the name of the dog on the hit TV series "Frasier?" ( 2 pt)
6. "Bad Medicine" was a 1988 number one hit song for what rock band? ( 2 pt)
7. What size were the shoes that an Iraqi journalist threw at President Bush during a press conference in 2008? ( 3 pt)
1. What Oscar-winning actor founded and led Hollywood's original Rat Pack? ( 4 points)
2. The Stephen King short story "The Body" was the basis for what feature film? ( 4 points)
3. What singer-songwriter wrote Manfred Mann's number one hit song "Blinded By The Light?" ( 3 points)
4. In April 2003, at the age of 33, which man became the oldest number one tennis player in the ATP rankings? ( 4 points)
5. What 19th century American literary classic was originally going to be called "The Pathetic Family?" ( 5 points)
1. divorce; 2. "Taxi;" 3. France; 4. Cate Blanchett; 5. Anthony Weiner; 6. Ohio State; 7. New Zealand.
1. Garth Brooks; 2. "The Matrix;" 3. Northern Ireland; 4. Jim Morrison; 5. measles; 6. Atlanta Braves; 7. "Evita."
Dead or Alive Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. alive; 2. dead (2008); 3. alive; 4. dead (2010); 5. alive; 6. dead (2010); 7. alive; 8. alive; 9. dead (2007); 10. alive.
1. omega; 2. Ukraine; 3. gaggle; 4. purple (I also accepted "scarlet"); 5. Eddie; 6. Bon Jovi; 7. ten.
1. Humphrey Bogart; 2. "Stand By Me;" 3. Bruce Springsteen; 4. Andre Agassi; 5. "Little Women."
These articles might interest you :
This Wednesday night, Trivia Night returns to Josie Wood's pub, and the two Special Categories will be "Presidential Trivia" and "Who's Older Trivia. Read moreBy Theomnipotentq
We had 20 teams in on Tuesday night for Trivia, and it was another lively night. I thought the first four categories were a bit on the easier side, and the... Read moreBy Theomnipotentq
This is my 3500th post in the history of my blog, and the first time a Trivia post was a milestone one. We had 20 teams on a hot and rainy night in New York, an... Read moreBy Theomnipotentq
We had six teams in for Trivia Night at Josie Wood's, and I was pleasantly surprised to see my old friend Billy's wife Danielle and her friend Linda in. Read moreBy Theomnipotentq
We had another huge and boisterous crowd in for Trivia on Tuesday night: 21 teams took part. We had some strong scores for Movie Trivia (six perfect scores; I'l... Read moreBy Theomnipotentq
We had seven teams come out on Wednesday night in what was a really was a spirited night of Trivia. The teams were really into it, and it's good to see... Read moreBy Theomnipotentq
Another terrific crowd in for Trivia Night at Thom's, with 24 teams taking part. No, the threat of rain keeps none of my Trivia regulars away. We had something... Read moreBy Theomnipotentq
MOST POPULAR FROM BASEBALL
- Just in time learning for new coaches by Meachrm
- This day in baseball: Yanks vs. Mets, round 1 by Precious Sanders
- Trivia Q&A: March 22 by Theomnipotentq