The scores were generally very good throughout the night. The team in first place never had more than a one point lead in any round. We had a tie going into IQ Trivia, and I thought the scores in that round might be a bit low, as I thought I made those questions a bit harder. But the scores were really good, and most teams got at least 3 of the 5 questions right.
But the team of My Futon Pulls Out But I Don't eeked out a one-point win, and each succeeding team going down to fourth place was one point behind the next. Congratulations on their first win after many weeks. The team of Happy Birthday Gillian finished second (and we gave them Best Team Name of the night in honor of longtime Trivia regular Gillian's birthday) and Screw John, He's Not Here finished third.
As of this writing, we don't know exactly which night Trivia will take place next week. The Celtics second round schedule has not been determined yet, and the Bruins are still fighting to get to their next round. I would guess Trivia Night will be either next Monday or Tuesday night. Please check back with this site during the week, and as soon as we can make a determination, it will be posted here.
1. Cast members from what iconic 1970s ABC sitcom are suing for tens of millions of dollars in merchandise royalties they say are owed them?
2. MLB announced last week it is taking over the business operations of what team, after they needed a personal loan to meet its payroll?
3. According to a recent survey, what MLB Hall of Famer's legendary record was chosen as the greatest sports record of all-time?
4. John Ensign, a Republican senator from what western state, resigned last Thursday after being put through an ethics investigation by the Senate?
5. What Middle Eastern country lifted a "State of Emergency" law it operated under since 1962 in response to anti-government protests last week?
6. What former American politician traveled his past weekend with 3 former European leaders to China and the Koreas to try to reduce tensions in the Korean peninsula?
7. What west coast city began enforcing a ban on sitting or lying on the city's main sidewalks last weekend?
1. Ready to Die
3. Jagged Little Pill
5. The Slim Shady LP
7. Achtung Baby
True or False Trivia ("The Q Train")
1. Michael Collins, command pilot of Apollo 11, actually suffered an epileptic seizure during his time alone in the command module.
2. The son of Alexander Hamilton was, like his father, killed in a duel.
3. The city of Washington DC was designed by a French engineer.
4. Tiger Woods' real first name is Edward.
5. Canada is the second largest country in total land area.
6. "Dreamt" is the onoly word in the English language ending in "mt."
7. Louis Armstrong gained fame by playing the saxophone.
8. The world's largest McDonald's restaurant is found in China.
9. "E" in e-mail stands for "electronic."
10. Brazil has the largest number of Christians in its population than any other country.
1. Midway Airport is located in what midwestern city? ( 1 pt)
2. The Battle of verdun was fought during what war? ( 1 pt)
3. What US state is nicknamed "The Bay State?" ( 1 pt)
4. What major California city is bisected by a mountain range? ( 2 pt)
5. Port of Spain is the capital city of what country? ( 2 pt)
6. Marcel was the pet monkey of a character on what TV sitcom? ( 2 pt)
7. Corellia was the home planet of what legendary sci-fi movie character? ( 3 pt)
1. According to a 2008 US government report, what extreme sport was considered to be the most dangerous, accounting for 25% of all outdoor sports injuries? ( 5 points)
2. What famous 20th century American novelist wrote the short story upon which the 2008 film "The Curious case of Benjamin Button" was based? ( 4 points)
3. In what 1988 film did Matt Damon make his screen debut, saying the line, "Mom, do you want my green stuff?" ( 4 points)
4. What world leader was barred from visiting Disneyland in 1959 for security reasons? ( 3 points)
5. What Asian country has the only national flag that is not rectangular or square? ( 4 points)
1. "Happy Days;" 2. Los Angeles Dodgers; 3. Joe DiMaggio; 4. Nevada; 5. Syria; 6. Jimmy Carter; 7. San Francisco.
1. Notorious B.I.G. ( 1994); 2. Michael Jackson (1991); 3. Alanis Morissette (1995); 4. Nirvana (1991); 5. Eminem (1999); 6. Green Day (1994); 7. U2 (1991).
True or False ("The Q Train")
1. false; 2. true; 3. true; 4. false, Eldrick; 5. true; 6. true; 7. false, trumpet; 8. true; 9. true; 10. false, United States.
1. Chicago; 2. World War I; 3. Massachusetts; 4. Los Angeles; 5. Trinidad and Tobago; 6. "Friends;" 7. Han Solo.
1. snowboarding; 2. F. Scott Fitzgerald; 3. "Mystic Pizza;" 4. Nikita Khrushchev; 5. Nepal.
These articles might interest you :
Today in history, Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto premiered in Venice, Italy in 1851. Based on a story by Victor Hugo, Rigoletto is a darkly tragic, gut-wrenching... Read moreBy Galegirl
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
Alpinist has been running a series of articles called the "Speed Series" in which they ask some of the top rock climbers about their approach to speed climbing... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
The lovely Natalia Kremen, an artist with the English National Ballet, leads a busy and exciting life that many of us can only dream of. Within her busy schedul... Read moreBy Ballerinablogger
CULTURE, THEATRE & OPERA
This morning's oatmeal creation is rolled oats with chia, cocoa powder, and honey topped with honey crunch peanut butter, half a banana, and shredded unsweetene... Read moreBy Chocolateandoranges
A long-time colleague of mine says I have the Q Score/Factor. Honestly I’d heard the expression before but had not applied it to myself. So what is the Q... Read moreBy Maria Snyder
BUSINESS, CAREER, SOCIAL MEDIA
As an April Fool, designer Matt Stevens rebranded the second biggest retailer in the country, and launched a site announcing the change. Whether you like the... Read moreBy Happygrc
BUSINESS, MARKETING & ADVERTISING
photo source: Wireimage.comTrue Blood’s Deborah Ann Woll hails from Brooklyn but currently lives in Los Angeles, where she recently completed filming on “Someda... Read moreBy Thevault