2. Using the steps shown in the diagram, they were to make 45 degree angles to the right of each corner, all in the same direction and the same length. When they connected the ends of all the angles, they should have 3 squares that look like cubes.
3. Each student got a paper plate, brush and dab of black and white paint. They were then able to choose one main color (I gave them 3 choices). I asked that they paint all the fronts of the cubes with just the straight, main color. Next they could make a “tint”, by adding white, and paint it on the tops of all 3 cubes. And lastly, they could make a “shade” by adding a little black to the color and filling in the remaining right side. I plan to have the students cut their cubes out next week and mount them on colored paper. This was a relief for some students who were worried about wiggly lines and spots that they accidentally got on their paper.
CA Visual Art Standard: Creative Expression, Grade Four
2.2 Mix and apply tempera paints to create tints, shades, and neutral colors.
These articles might interest you :
Once students know how to mix basic colors, they can learn how to tint (add white), and shade (add black) to a color. 1. Each student gets a paper plate with... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
Pablo Picasso's Blue Period, in which he painted only blue paintings of sad subject matter, is a good example of how an artist used color to reflect his... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
If you double this lip balm up upon application, it’s almost as good as my favorite MUJI Lipstick, it’s minty fresh and performs just like those new Burt’s... Read moreBy Blessmybag
HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE
Zinnia Queen Lime Zinnia ‘Queen Lime Red’ has subtle and interesting colouring while its partner, ‘Queen Lime’ is an improvement on the traditional green... Read moreBy Danielcarruthers
Make ice cubes in the shape of the Porsche models 911, Cayman, Cayenne and Panamera. The blue silicone tray has a Porsche logo and is dishwasher safe. Read moreBy Gerard
HUMOR, MOTO, SPORTS
I enjoy wearing makeup when I'm going out. It's fun playingwith different colors and shades of eye shadow and gloss (I'm not really intolipstick). Read moreBy Parentingsmh
Hi there peeps, this here latest post is featuring my tried and testedreviews of the Aveeno Active Naturals products that were sent to me from Beauty Heaven as... Read moreBy Melmeko
HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Creativity 521 #109 - Fun with DIY terrariums by A Happy Mum
- Is Your Work Jeopardizing Your Health? by Peppertan
- Eco Friendly Lunch Supplies by Moralfibres
- Lift Chairs For Elderly by Bigdaddycarlos