Many people say their product or company failed to win for the following reasons:
- Under capitalized
- Not the right people in the team
- Bad market conditions
So what make business win... i guess you should have the above ;) but also a DNA of people who BELIVE in what they do...the "believe" always start with WHY you do it...
"Do business with people who believe in what you believe... Hire people who believe in what you believe..."
Apple elevator pitch as an example:
- With no WHY, no company believe: "We make great computers, they are beautiful design, simple to use and user friendly, want to buy one?"
- With WHY: "We believe in challenging the Status quo we believe in thinking differently, the way we challenge the Status quo is by making our product beautifully designed, simple to use and user friendly, we just happen to make great computers, want to buy one?"
- WHY - We believe in challenging the Status quo we believe in thinking differently
- HOW - Our products are beautiful design, simple to use and user friendly
- WHAT - Make Great computers
What the The low of diffusion of innovations tells us: If you want mass market success or mass market acceptant of an idea... you can't have it without achieving the tipping point between 15-18% market penetration... which can achieved with people who believe in WHY you do it... since its a long road...
Inspiration to this post by the TED presentation by @simonsinek: Simon Sinek: How great leaders inspire action | Video on TED.com
Check more of Simon message here: http://www.startwithwhy.com/