Hi Everyone! I'm super excited to announce the launch of my weekly meal plans. Over the years I've gotten lots of questions from all of you about what I eat on a weekly basis, how I meal plan, etc. And so I thought the easiest thing to do would be to just share what we are actually eating on a weekly basis and how we balance things out!Some of my general rules for weekly meal planning:
- Breakfasts for us are always some version of oatmeal - I just mix things up by changing toppings every so often. If you're looking for a bit more variety, try one of these recipes here.
- Lunches are usually either leftovers, or one of these easy recipes here.
- For dinner: I alternate between super fast meals that are still healthy, and meals that might take a bit more time (no more than 45 min - 1 hour to make). I like variety but it's hard to figure out variety 3 times a day every day, so I keep our breakfasts and lunches simple, and change things up each night for dinner!
- Monday: Cheesy Quinoa and Black Bean Casserole
- Tuesday: Veggie Burgers
- Wednesday: Leftovers! -> The black bean casserole will last for 3 days in the Fridge, and freezes great too!
- Thursday: Mexican Pizzas ->This week I'm adding chopped baby spinach to the pizza - I'll add it as a topping underneath the cheese, and then bake so the cheese melts over the spinach and the rest of the veggies.
- Friday: Eat out!
- Saturday: Skinny, Spicy Pasta with Veggies -> You can use any veggies and any pasta you like for this recipe! This week I'm using: 4 zucchini chopped, 3 yellow peppers chopped, 1 onion diced, and 1 box baby spinach, chopped with whole wheat penne.
- Sunday: Curried Cauliflower Soup -> I'm serving this with a simple grilled cheese on sprouted wheat bread: two slices sprouted wheat bread, 1 slice of your favorite cheese (I like pepperjack), and olive oil cooking spray. Spray your griddle, and the grilled cheeses should be ready in 5 minutes!
To help you out, here is a simple meal planning template that I use, and some of my weekly grocery list items! For those of you who are new to meal planning, you can do it! Just follow this plan, make a shopping list, go shopping and make it happen!
Happy cooking everyone!