The latest publication to join the Hookedblog bookshelf is The Mammoth Book of Street Art! Published by Constable & Robinson and edited by graphic artistJAKE, a long time friend of ours here at Hookedblog.
The book presents a collection of photographs from JAKE's personal archives with a little help from us here at Hookedblog. Having originally had his studio on Rivington Street in London way back when, JAKE found himself right in the middle of it all back when this part of London was completely bombed with street art and graffiti. Having now moved outta the area, JAKE asked us earlier in the year to contribute some of our photos to help him fill the gaps in the book. We were more than happy to help as his selection of artists include many who's work we admire here at Hookedblog. This mammoth book is over 440 pages of full colour with 70 plus artists featured including some of the following Nuria Mora, Micrbo, Bo130, Eltono, Kid Acne, Dscreet, Ronzo, Faile, Swoon, Remi Rough, Conor Harrington, D*Face, Eine and Banksy.
To celebrate the launch of the book JAKE is having having a party at Beach London, Friday 30th November, there will be some drinks as well as some work on display from JAKe, Malarky, Kid Acne, Ronzo, Pinky, Florence Blanchard, Espo plus more. And of course you get to check out the book for yourself and bag a copy for your own bookshelf. For those of you in London we will see you there.
Beach London — 20 Cheshire Street — London — E2 6EH (Just off Brick Lane)
The Mammoth Book of Streetart — Launch PartyBy Hookedblog
MOST POPULAR FROM ART & DESIGN
- The Incredible Scrap Metal Sculptures by John Lopez by Inspirion
- They Gave A Homeless Man A Pizza. What He Did With It Will Make You Rethink Your Life. by Inspirion
- 27 Inches Closer Update (30/10/14) by Tim Neath
- Berlin Wall Remembered in Illuminating Display of 8,000 Glowing Orbs by Creativevisualart
Father's Day Thanksgiving Russia The Box Office Mardi Gras True Blood China Mali Christmas Economy Apple John Galliano European Union Valentine's Day Lady Gaga Lance Armstrong Academy Awards X-Factor Halloween Rick Perry Egypt Samsung Harry Potter Hurricane Sandy Apps Climate Change Turkey Michelle Rodriguez Barack Obama News Corp
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ART & DESIGN
- Museum Night Fever by Benheine
- Best Sewing Blogs 2015: Vote Now! by Mmadalynne
- Ben Slow and Carl Cashman Collaborative Mural by Hookedblog
- Gigantic Man Crawls Outs from the Earth in this Massive Outdoor Sculpture by Creativevisualart