The GOP Candidates on Gun RightsPosted on the 04 March 2012 by Mikeb302000
Santorum has the distinction of having a lifetime A+ rating with the NRA.
Gingrich believes that the Supreme Court has become a permanent constitutional convention in which the whims of five appointed lawyers have rewritten the meaning of the Constitution. And furthermore, anyone who thinks various Supreme Court decisions are not adequately worrisome need only look at the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to see how domination by secular Left-liberal judges will change America. He views the court decisions to be “out of step with the views of the vast majority of the American people.”
Let’s take a look at what the “vast majority of Americans” think. The facts do not support Gingrich’s statements. After the assault and mass shootings in Tucson, Arizona last year, Americans remain split on the issue of gun control with the scale tipping to more controls, according to a new CBS News/New York Times poll.
Romney’s views are murky, and appear to have changed. In February he said, “find common ground with pro-gun and anti-gun groups. In the past he signed the nation’s first ban on assault weapons in Massachusetts as governor and increased gun owners fees by 400%. How does he propose to reconcile this with groups like the National Rifle Association (NRA) the most powerful gun lobby in the U.S.?
These articles might interest you :
From MSNBC. com Crime and Courts, and the AP: Once Loughner is mentally fit for trial, likely to plead insanity Attorneys for 23-year-old suspect in Tucson... Read moreBy Mikeb302000
Over on the Daily Kos, I made some interesting friends. To my surprise, the fanatical gun-rights contingent that considers itself liberal and democratic is as... Read moreBy Mikeb302000
There is a law suit in George to lift the ban on guns in Churches, but do guns belong in Churches?Some religious leaders say the ban is needed. Read moreBy Mikeb302000
The Scotus Blog Issue: Whether the right to carry or transport a registered handgun outside the home without a carry permit is protected by the Second Amendment... Read moreBy Mikeb302000
This was so tragic, so unnecessary, so avoidable. We should do a better job of ensuring that someone like this is never allowed access to weapons, any weapons,... Read moreBy Mikeb302000
(click to make bigger) Miller-McCune.com reports on the findings of Brown University economist Brian Knight. You may recognize this phenomenon if you’ve ever... Read moreBy Mikeb302000
The following two stories appeared in the same day's news. 10-year-old pulls gun on woman who joked about taking his Halloween candy away. Read moreBy Mikeb302000
MOST POPULAR FROM DEBATE
- Conned-servatives, Pixie Dust and Unicorn Poop - the issue of Health Care and Government Funding by Doggone
- The Two-State Solution: A Greater Threat to Palestinians than to Israel By Prof. Hillel Frisch by Arirusila
- We are fortunate to have Sen. Franken working for us in Washington DC by Doggone
- Killer Arguments Against Citizen's Income, Not (5) by Markwadsworth
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DEBATE
- Free Planet - Timings of a New Millennium - Moon weeks and lunar cycles return by Freeplanet
- Mike Philbin art - 2017 abstracts - new re-paintings by Freeplanet
- Friday Fun Day: Schadenfreude Edition by Doggone
- MN GOP -- the party that wants to get into your bed room, bathroom, locker room and your pants by Doggone