REEL GREAT READS
- 33 Things You Didn't Know About The Movie "Titanic" (BuzzFeed) - Ridiculous as they may seem, we assume they're true. They are, right?
- Great Mythological Movie Beasts (IGN) - For the sci-fi nerds like myself, a reminder of some of the coolest mythological monsters from some of our favorite films (and even some that sucked, ahem, The Clash of the Titans remake).
- Multiple New Child's Play Movies? (IGN) - Good news for those of you who couldn't get through the campiness of the original Child's Play (I sure couldn't), with rumours of a (hopefully less campy) remake and spin-off. Though really, how can you take a murderous little doll seriously.
- 50 Most Shocking Movie Deaths Of All Time (Total Film) - Warning: Kinda gross and sadistic. But it also includes some legitimately shocking, non-gory, narratively significant deaths.
- The Hunger Games - Because guess what, Mirror, Mirror doesn't look so great, and after the disappointment of The Clash of the Titans, I'm not going to suggest The Wrath of the Titans. Plus, besides the few of us who haven't seen it yet, I'm sure some of you would love to re-watch it.
Newest It-girl Jennifer Lawrence stars in the seemingly-backwards psychological thriller-horror.
But if you really let me pick four trailers this week...
Hotel Transylvania: Looks like a hilarious animated comedy about a hotel for monsters, starring the voices of Adam Sandler, Selena Gomez, Andy Samberg, Kevin James, Fran Drescher, David Koechner, Cee Lo Green, Steve Buscemi, Molly Shannon and David Spade.
The Giant Mechanical Man: Seems like a very refreshing rom-com about a girl who falls in love with a street busker, starring Jenna Fisher in the lead with Chris Messina as her romantic interest, plus Topher Grace and Malin Akerman.
Safety Not Guaranteed: An indie movie about a guy who places an ad looking for a companion to travel back in time with him. Strange, but begins to seem sorta real.