The Case for Unsub Involvement in Both the Delphi and Evansdale Murders
I believe the Delphi, Indiana double homicide Unsub was involved in the Evansdale, Iowa double homicide of two girls aged 8-10. They also disappeared in the woods in a park named after five bridges, which are all in the park. There may be railroad bridges there also. They were also found by a stream as in this case. They were dumped in another regional park 20 miles away. The bodies were discovered in very poor condition near a stream. The bodies were in such poor condition that there was no way to determine whether the girls had been sexually abused. Neither was it possible to determine mode of killing.
However, if the MO in Delphi was throat-slitting, perhaps it was in Evansdale also. As at least one of the Delphi girls was raped, the Evansdale girls were probably sexually abused too. As Unsub is a pedophile, it makes little sense for him to abduct girls only to murder them. His primary motivation in these crimes is sexual and sexual assault is surely a necessary factor in his attacks. He is also motivated by homicidal tendencies. I believe he kills the girls for a sadistic thrill rather than to get rid of witnesses. Part of the whole reason for abducting the girls is to kill them.
Here are the commonalities between the two cases:
- Bridges, especially railroad bridges.
- Bodies of water, especially streams.
- Small regional parks with the above in them.
- Young girls aged 8-14.
- Pairs of girls.
- Attacks occur on the 13th of the month, perhaps because 13 is an unlucky number. So it’s the “unlucky day” for the girls who his victims. He thinks this is funny as he has a sick sense of humor.
- Same general region of Iowa and Indiana, about 350 miles east to west.
- Body dumps near streams
- Probable rape or sexual abuse in both cases. Present at Delphi, probable at Evanston.