The Bronx & Their Mariachi Side ProjectPosted on the 17 February 2011 by Happygrc
As a buddy of Greg and Jim's, I periodically pass along stuff to them I think might be relevant to Makin' Ads. Well, this is something I shared and they encouraged me to write a post. So here goes.
This documentary, while not particularly well-made, shows a bit of what Greg and Jim seem to cover a fair amount on Makin' Ads: Doing something completely different creatively might make you better.
It's about a band, or more accurately, two bands. (Note: They are not everyone's cup of tea, but the bigger point remains.) The Bronx is a hardcore-ish punk-ish rock band. Mariachi el Bronx has the same members, plus a couple more, but they operate as two different bands. And yes, they perform in mariachi garb. The two bands are remarkably different, and the members discuss in this documentary how shifting gears completely has helped revitalize the creative process. Sound familiar?
I personally need to do more of this. I'd wager it would improve my work, and if nothing else, I'd probably enjoy the process.
Backstory of how Mariachi el Bronx came about: As I understand it, someone asked for an acoustic version of one of their songs for a compilation. They decided that they didn't like acoustic versions of hard rock songs, so they did a mariachi version instead and it snowballed from there. Pretty cool.
These articles might interest you :
blog.epmworld.inYou may also like -Project finance eligibilityIn line with my New Year resolution to help the prospective entrepreneurs, I have contributed... Read moreBy Epmworld
How to fix project cost? What are the determining heads of expenses in the project cost? How to optimize project cost? What should be the right investment for... Read moreBy Epmworld
As soon as I finished reading The Lover, by Marguerite Duras (translated by Barbara Bray), I began it again. This was not out of any conscious intention to... Read moreBy Jaac
We humans have our customs. Those develop for various reasons, like tradition, practicality, knowledge or even out of strange, very individual decisions. One... Read moreBy Aristippos
CULTURE, DRINK, FOOD & DRINK
My 85-year old Dad took issue with an LA Times interview with Dr. Sherry Turkle warning about the inhuman side of technology and the dangers of virtual... Read moreBy Drpamelarutledge
MEDIA, PSYCHOLOGY, SOCIAL MEDIA, TECH
Image via sxc.huFor the information of many, English is not only the only language who has its funny side, just as our previous article wrote entitled The... Read moreBy Tlb
The Tree Hugger Project is an art project by Agnieszka Gradzik and Viktor Szostalo. The Tree Hugger Project is an ongoing work of Environmental Art designed to... Read moreBy Gerard
MOST POPULAR FROM BUSINESS
- .Pro Lost 30% Of Its Registrations Yesterday; 123,000 Domain Names as Last Years $3 Promotional Rate Domain Start to Expire by Worldwide
- West Knoxville House Hunters: Whittington Creek Homes for Below $650,000 by Knoxvillehometeam
- 6 Guidelines of Basic Optimization for Your Website: SEO Expert by Kharim Tomlinson
- Why Good Marketing Campaign Costs Continue To Rise by Martin Zwilling
MOST RECOMMENDED IN BUSINESS
- Free Internet Marketing Method by Towardyoursuccess
- 7 Free Tools To Help Amp Up Your Facebook Presence by Marketingtango
- Francis Fukuyama: Ukraine Should Rebuild the State Management System and Eliminate Corruption by Center For International Private Enterprise
- Social Entrepreneurs Seek Social Change vs Profits by Martin Zwilling