Summer SwimmingBy Kathybarbro
1. I gave students a 2" circle to trace for the head, to give them a head start. Following my directions on the board, they drew outstretched arms, a body, and legs.
2. The drawing was traced with a permanent black marker.
3. Students used crayons to color in the hair, skin and swimsuit. Heavy coloring works best.
4. The drawing was painted over with liquid watercolor paint. A caption was added above, along with a date below.
Thanks to Spencer, grade 3, for letting me share his charming artwork.
These articles might interest you :
I am a big Chinese cuisine fan and I love gorging whenever I eat it. For me, it’s comfort food and sometimes it hardly matters, whether it’s chinjabi or from... Read moreThe 05 April 2015 by Maneeshhr
FOOD & DRINK
Back in the 1970’s there was a weird phenomenon where the entertainment industry (in collusion with Hallmark) decided in order to take our minds off the Cold Wa... Read moreThe 04 April 2015 by Christopher De Voss
On April 4 I hung my second show the Louisiana Pizza Kitchen Uptown at 615 Carrolton Ave. (504) 866-5900. It is all new work from the last show. There are 42... Read moreThe 03 April 2015 by Billlives
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, TRAVEL
It’s April and spring has sprung in most of North America and Europe. Two legendary 6 day races are coming up fast, starting with the NEW YORK SELF-TRANSCENDENC... Read moreThe 03 April 2015 by Abichal
OTHER SPORTS, OUTDOORS
Happy Easter everyone! This time of the year is always chocolate galore, be it Easter Eggs, chocolate nests or scrummy yummy cakes, it's just tradition for us t... Read moreThe 03 April 2015 by Ourbabyblog
FAMILY, SELF EXPRESSION
Travelling around the world gives one's a total outlook on fashion, culture and life in generally.Diversity, Unity, Ultra chic,Fresh, Exuberant and wearable... Read moreThe 03 April 2015 by Shegotherown
This was originally supposed to be a Daily Dot piece (hence the un-blog-like format), but that didn’t work out. So instead, here’s a post in which I... Read moreThe 03 April 2015 by Brute Reason
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
MOST POPULAR FROM SCHOOLINGAll articles
MOST RECOMMENDED IN SCHOOLING
- Motivating Students in a Web Enhanced Class by Naturegirl321
- Are Schools Just Churning Out Grads? by Naturegirl321