Skincare and Makeup : 10 Tips To Avoid Look OlderBy Shoppingaholic
2. During winters, skip the toner if you like. Splash of cold water will tighten your pores and do the job.
3. Buy a moisturizer that contains a glycerin, hayluronic acid, and propylene glycol to draw water to the skin and emollient like dimethicone, petrolatum and coconut oil to prevent water loss.
4. Night moisture must contain retinoid. Look for the "retinol" in the ingredients list. They can be irritating at first, so increase the amount you use until you can tolerate one each night. Research shows that this vitamin A derivative can undo wrinkles and discoloration caused by sun damage.
5. Choose your foundation with these two words - sheer liquid formula and light-diffusing pigments. Use it in such manner that it doesn't sit in the fine lines of your face. It should be light and thin as your skin.
6. Skip the compact/powder if your skin type allows as powder eliminates the chances of your skin reflecting light. A nice and healthy skin is called "glowing" many times and that is because it reflects light.
7. Don't skip the blush. If your cheeks impart rosy glow use your lip balm/vaseline on cheeks. Sticky? Use a hint of nude cream blush.
8. Skip the eyeshadows if you like but don't skip the eyeliner. In case you choose eyeshadows, know that most eyeshadows come in three colors: the base (usually a very light taupe), a highlighter for the crease, and a main color for the lid. Start with the lighter colors first (the base) then the lid color and then the highlighter. Blend together so they don’t look like painted stripes on your eyelids.
9. Do not skip mascaras. Black is good for almost all ages but you can also opt for blue shades but not too blue.
10. Dark lop colors - no-no. Use finger to apply lip color to avoid feathering, bleeding and patchiness. Opt for creamy formulas.
* I was inspired to write this post by an article on emaxhealth.
===================================================== Disclaimer: For any queries, PR information, website review, store visit and events - please mail me at email@example.com. Read about Shopping, Style and Us and to know more, please read my Disclosure Policy.
These articles might interest you :
We only want the best makeup for the eyes as it is essential in making the perfect look for the day. However, we must remember that at the day’s end, eye... Read moreThe 26 November 2012 by Clarissa17
HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE
The eyebrows is that essential part of the face that frames it perfectly; which is why it is a must for individuals, specifically women, to integrate its shape... Read moreThe 17 August 2012 by Clarissa17
Skincare and Makeup Haul Lakme Fruit Moisture Peach Milk Moisturizer (Rs.155) - I need some body lotion/moisturizer in this cold-cold season. You see, I don't... Read moreThe 26 November 2012 by Shoppingaholic
HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE, SHOPPING
Source Hey guys, me again! I hope you're all ok? I can't believe how nice the weather has been in the UK today! I actually got 3 loads of washing done and pegge... Read moreThe 25 October 2013 by Louisesmith1984
After a fantastic summer and a mild autumn, winter is upon us. It has started to get chillier during the nights and let's face it, in today's economic climate w... Read moreThe 12 November 2013 by Smilinglikesunshine
Contact Gwen by email, firstname.lastname@example.org, or jux, gwenevelewis.jux.com. With modern technology, ingredients, trends and sensibilities, sometimes the... Read moreThe 26 September 2013 by Sharriewilliams
CULTURE, HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE
If you have been reading this blog for a while, you know Zumba is my go-to class! I love it not only for the fitness benefits but also because it always always... Read moreThe 31 July 2013 by Beautytidbits
HAIR & BEAUTY, LIFESTYLE
MOST POPULAR FROM HAIR & BEAUTY
- 13 WONDERFUL things that happened in 2013 by Reeseatomic
- What did the GIVEAWAY Winner Win!!! by Neerajnavare
- #TBSXmasBonanza by Justjesss
- The Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion - Review by Poutpretty