Refined flour(maida/APF)- 2 cups
Sugar- 1-1/2 cups
Milk- 1 cup
Amul butter- 125 gms.
Baking powder- 2 level tsp.
Vanilla essence- 1 tsp.
Raisins- 1/2 cup (optional)
1. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
2. Sift/mix the flour and baking powder together. Add in the raisins.
3. Cream the butter and sugar together in a mixer.
4. Break the eggs in a clean dry bowl and whip with a fork till frothy (about 5mins.)
5. Add the eggs into the mixer with the sugar-butter mixture. Add in the vanilla and whip at medium speed till smooth and well-blended.
6.Transfer to a large bowl and mix in the flour, alternating with the milk, in 3 additions. Take care to move the mixing spoon/spatula in a single direction to incorporate air properly. No need to beat too vigorously. Just mix till everything is smoothly combined.
7. Pour into a greased cake pan and bake for 25 mins. in an oven pre-heated to 375 degrees.
8. Cool and serve as desired, with or without icing, or topped with ice-cream and fresh fruit.
These articles might interest you :
One thing we just hadn’t considered was a wedding cake, neither of us were too bothered, the cake shops around us seemed to charge too much for too little, and... Read moreBy Claire
This is a guest blog post from Baking Mad – I couldn’t resist all the gorgeous cakey pictures attached to their email and asked for recipes. Those of you... Read moreBy Claire
Days to go: 38One thing that has been out of our hands for the wedding is the cake – we decided we’d like a surprise and to be honest, didn’t really know where... Read moreBy Claire
If you're new to English Wedding, you may want to subscribe to my RSS feed. Thanks for visiting!I’m not here today: I’m off somewhere having a Birthday. While... Read moreBy Claire
FOOD & DRINK, LIFESTYLE, WEDDING
So our wedding venue is booked, or ‘on hold’. So what is on the menu? Our plan was to have a classic, formal dining reception with an entree and main, and sourc... Read moreBy Thesecretlifeofjen
Wedding cakes have traditionally been the main focal piece for a wedding reception. I love wedding cake! It’s nearly my favorite food, taking a close second... Read moreBy Afcpam
New to little Indiana? Subscribe for free to my RSS feed. Thanks for stopping by!Peanut Butter Cookies: Soft and ChewyI love peanut butter cookies. But–I only... Read moreBy Jessicanunemaker
MOST POPULAR FROM HAIR & BEAUTY
- Vedantika Herbals - Panchamrita Instant Energy Drink by Niharika Verma
- New York & Company plans to double the Eva Mendes business by A Beauty Feature
- 5 YSL Products Asia Makeup Market is Raving About by Shoppingaholic
- Have Pride in Using Different Styles of Vintage Fashions by Demi Mist