Seattle always has sunshine when I come to town. Seattle readers -- and expectant moms, for whom my latest novel will surely resonate -- I hope you'll join me at my parents party for THE BABY PLANNER. Lots of raffle prizes, samples, and coupons. Here are the details:
Date: Thurs, June 2, 2011, 11am
Location: Planet Happy Toys / 2914 NE 55th Street, Seattle, 98105
Tel #: 206.729.0154
RSVP to: BabyPlannerSeattle@gmail.com or on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=206163599396291
Planet Happy Toys is throwing the ultimate parent party. Hosted by ItsaBelly-Seattle baby planner Windy Gossett to celebrate the launch of author Josie Brown’s latest novel entitled (appropriately enough) The Baby Planner (Simon & Schuster).
Brown will read from the book. Afterward Gossett will discuss tips on buying safe and non toxic baby products.
LOCAL SPONSOR: ItsaBelly, National Baby Planning & Maternity Concierge Services
THERE WILL ALSO BE GIVEAWAYS FROM:
- Sprout Organic Baby Food
- Kiwi Magazine, for Growing Families the Natural and Organic Way
- EcoStoreUSA, maker of Eco-Safe Cleansing Products
- Spiffies, maker of Infant Dental and Teething Wipes
- Organic Mother's Milk Tea, from www.TraditionalMedicinals.com
- ArtBellies.com, Making Your Work in Progress a Work of Art
- Gift bag from PrinceLionheart.com
- Maclaren Beginning Skin Care, safe non toxic!
- And a special Itsabelly gift basket, which includes:
- "Itsabelly's Guide to Going Green with Baby" book
- NoseFrida Snot SuckerATTENDEES WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE ENTERED INTO CONTESTS FOR:
- A set of Wonder Bumpers, the #1 doctor-recommended crib-safe bedding from http://www.GoMamaGoDesigns.com
- A gift from The Happiest Baby on the Block
- A gift from Beth Duris, Shaklee Distributor-
- A copy of The First 8 Days of Being a Mom
- A $100 gift card to their favorite bookstore, courtesy Josie Brown. The drawing will be done on 6/22/11.
AND YOU'LL RECEIVE COUPONS FROM:
- Minted Custom Invitations - The Eco Breast Pump - Beaba USA - Bloomin’ Belly Soaps
RSVP strongly Advised! We look forward to seeing you there!
"Brown (Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives) takes baby mania to its illogical, hysterical extreme in this bubbly romp...But what begins as a light foray into Bugaboo country turns into something bigger than a satire of status-obsessed Bay Area yummy mummies as Brown takes a dark look at the fears of parenthood and family, with Katie's heartbreaking longing for a child unveiling a disturbing reality about her marriage and family. Still, the message from the somber realities is one full of hope: love makes a family, commitment keeps it together." --Publishers Weekly