Search and RescueBy Kate_miller
Enough about my lousy housekeeping ~ meet my $5 bargain. Do you recognize what's taking over my sunny window? It's a Clematis. I've got 8 of them growing in my living room and may I just say? It's a jungle in here!
I was picking up supplies, over at Walmart a couple months ago, when I spotted a rack of little green bags. Nearly dead Clematis roots inside. One enterprising little plant had wiggled her way through a hole in the green bag and was sprouting. So, naturally, I had to rescue her. And, then I went back and rescued all of her friends.
I would not have guessed that dead, dry Clematis roots could make such a fab comeback but if you look.... real.... close... you'll see that she's budding!
* Safe planting date, at my elevation, is Memorial Day so it won't be long until I can set them free.
MOST POPULAR FROM GARDENING
- Melbourne Botanic Garden by Danielcarruthers
- The Joys of TV by Alternativeeden
- Betula alleghaniensis by Davis Landscape Architecture
- In a Vase on Monday – Fragrant Green Manure by Gardeningjules
Economy True Blood Nuclear Energy Christmas European Union Thanksgiving Father's Day Apple Apps Charlie Sheen Samsung X-Factor Michelle Rodriguez Turkey Lady Gaga Halloween Russia Egypt Harry Potter Lance Armstrong China Climate Change The Box Office Mali Rick Perry John Galliano Barack Obama Mardi Gras News Corp Academy Awards
ON THE GARDENING FORUM
- A Time to Say Goodbye Reviewed by Alvin