Search and RescueBy Kate_miller
Enough about my lousy housekeeping ~ meet my $5 bargain. Do you recognize what's taking over my sunny window? It's a Clematis. I've got 8 of them growing in my living room and may I just say? It's a jungle in here!
I was picking up supplies, over at Walmart a couple months ago, when I spotted a rack of little green bags. Nearly dead Clematis roots inside. One enterprising little plant had wiggled her way through a hole in the green bag and was sprouting. So, naturally, I had to rescue her. And, then I went back and rescued all of her friends.
I would not have guessed that dead, dry Clematis roots could make such a fab comeback but if you look.... real.... close... you'll see that she's budding!
* Safe planting date, at my elevation, is Memorial Day so it won't be long until I can set them free.
MOST POPULAR FROM GARDENING
- Some Wonderful Bell-Shaped Wildflowers by Pattyhankins
- Favourite Five Pear Recipes by Spadeforkspoon
- Doc has been busy helping me to move the potting benches ... by Scarecrow
- In A Vase On Monday – Nothing Fresh This Week by Julie King
Lady Gaga The Box Office Russia Norway Terror Attacks Thanksgiving Harry Potter Apple Barack Obama Lance Armstrong Egypt European Union Christmas True Blood Apps Samsung Mali Halloween John Galliano China Michelle Rodriguez News Corp X-Factor Academy Awards Climate Change Hurricane Sandy Turkey North Korea Father's Day Valentine's Day Economy
MOST RECOMMENDED IN GARDENING
- Reflections of Two Garden Bloggers by Alternativeeden
- Shed O'Fun 2 by Alternativeeden
- The Great British Cookbook by Mwillis
- Out with the old by Ozhene
ON THE GARDENING FORUM
- A Time to Say Goodbye Reviewed by Alvin