Search and RescueBy Kate_miller
Enough about my lousy housekeeping ~ meet my $5 bargain. Do you recognize what's taking over my sunny window? It's a Clematis. I've got 8 of them growing in my living room and may I just say? It's a jungle in here!
I was picking up supplies, over at Walmart a couple months ago, when I spotted a rack of little green bags. Nearly dead Clematis roots inside. One enterprising little plant had wiggled her way through a hole in the green bag and was sprouting. So, naturally, I had to rescue her. And, then I went back and rescued all of her friends.
I would not have guessed that dead, dry Clematis roots could make such a fab comeback but if you look.... real.... close... you'll see that she's budding!
* Safe planting date, at my elevation, is Memorial Day so it won't be long until I can set them free.
MOST POPULAR FROM GARDENING
- Lagerstroemia ‘Tuscarora’ by Davis Landscape Architecture
- Cabbage Whitefly by Mwillis
- Baby it's cold outside by Chrryblossomtat2
- A dark dahlia late summer wedding by Tuckshopgardener
Mardi Gras Academy Awards Thanksgiving Turkey Economy Lance Armstrong Barack Obama Climate Change Father's Day Apple X-Factor Mali Egypt North Korea Harry Potter Hurricane Sandy Rick Perry Samsung Christmas Lady Gaga Halloween China Russia John Galliano Apps The Box Office Mitt Romney Michelle Rodriguez News Corp True Blood
ON THE GARDENING FORUM
- A Time to Say Goodbye Reviewed by Alvin