Search and RescueBy Kate_miller
Enough about my lousy housekeeping ~ meet my $5 bargain. Do you recognize what's taking over my sunny window? It's a Clematis. I've got 8 of them growing in my living room and may I just say? It's a jungle in here!
I was picking up supplies, over at Walmart a couple months ago, when I spotted a rack of little green bags. Nearly dead Clematis roots inside. One enterprising little plant had wiggled her way through a hole in the green bag and was sprouting. So, naturally, I had to rescue her. And, then I went back and rescued all of her friends.
I would not have guessed that dead, dry Clematis roots could make such a fab comeback but if you look.... real.... close... you'll see that she's budding!
* Safe planting date, at my elevation, is Memorial Day so it won't be long until I can set them free.
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM GARDENING
- What Can I Give You This Christmas? by Alternativeeden
- Seeking the Spirit of Christmas by Patientgardener
- Evergreen by Ozhene
- Best Things Are Often Unexpected by Stephanie
European Union True Blood Valentine's Day North Korea X-Factor China John Galliano Egypt Samsung The Box Office Turkey Russia Apps Halloween Christmas Michelle Rodriguez Barack Obama Lady Gaga Rupert Murdoch Harry Potter Thanksgiving Hurricane Sandy Climate Change News Corp Nuclear Energy Economy Academy Awards Apple Lance Armstrong World Cup 2014
MOST RECOMMENDED IN GARDENING
- Pre Christmas Tidbits by Alternativeeden
- It's beginning to look a lot like wreathmas…. by Tuckshopgardener
- The driveway project - there has been progress by Ozhene
- Getting back to normal by Chrryblossomtat2