Search and RescueBy Kate_miller
Enough about my lousy housekeeping ~ meet my $5 bargain. Do you recognize what's taking over my sunny window? It's a Clematis. I've got 8 of them growing in my living room and may I just say? It's a jungle in here!
I was picking up supplies, over at Walmart a couple months ago, when I spotted a rack of little green bags. Nearly dead Clematis roots inside. One enterprising little plant had wiggled her way through a hole in the green bag and was sprouting. So, naturally, I had to rescue her. And, then I went back and rescued all of her friends.
I would not have guessed that dead, dry Clematis roots could make such a fab comeback but if you look.... real.... close... you'll see that she's budding!
* Safe planting date, at my elevation, is Memorial Day so it won't be long until I can set them free.
MOST POPULAR FROM GARDENING
- Helianthus salicifolius by Davis Landscape Architecture
- Got to get 'regular'! by Cathythompson
- More shades of Autumn by Mwillis
- Sheepish Pincushion – An Update by Patientgardener
Michelle Rodriguez X-Factor European Union News Corp Russia Samsung Apple China Christmas Turkey Halloween John Galliano Economy Egypt Rick Perry Barack Obama Climate Change Apps Lady Gaga Mardi Gras Kony Father's Day Mali Hurricane Sandy Harry Potter Academy Awards The Box Office Thanksgiving Lance Armstrong True Blood
ON THE GARDENING FORUM
- A Time to Say Goodbye Reviewed by Alvin