Long time no food, yes?!
It was the strangest thing. I just woke up this morning and said I want to blog! So… I’m blogging. Plus I miss all of you so terribly. It’s actually hard to stay away.
This morning I made oats, probably for the first time since Christmas.
In the Mix
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- scant 1 tsp milled flax seeds
- salt to taste
- and raisins
It’s a good mix. Plus I cooked the oats a little longer than the required 5 minutes so they’re sort of whipped
I’m also enjoying a piping hot mug of English Breakfast Tea. It’s my tea of choice lately.
The End… Scary
My 6 year stint in college is almost over! Can you believe it? I know I cant. The whole concept of graduation seems surreal. I know it will happen but I can’t wrap my head around the fact that school will literally be over. A permanent summer vacation from classes, exams, quizzes, PAPERS!
So here’s the skinny… I have 15 days to
- write 2 papers
- one on Michelangelo’s hidden self portraits in the Sistine Chapel including the Last Judgment, a Pieta sculpture, and a fresco in the Vatican
- one on Michelangelo’s Leda and the Swan and Rape of Ganymede discussing their similarities and how they are a pair by using Michelangelo’s Poetry as a first person source
On a side note… I’m so smart for picking one topic and turning it into two papers. So much less research to do! I’m giving myself a pat on the back for that one
- Do an oral report on the hidden self portraits (deadline Thursday)
- Write a paper for the third class I’m taking that has gotten exactly no attention all quarter due to the other two classes. Getting a C in a class that should definitely be an A is a little sad but I feel acceptable in these circumstances.
- Take a final in the class that has gotten no attention. Luckily it’s open note and the study guide tells us the questions before… Wikipedia is my lifesaver!
It will be a pretty big final push to graduation! Luckily I’m really on top of everything, very uncharacteristic of me in school. Maybe it just took me 6 years to beat procrastination.
I hope you all are having a great early summer! I hope to see you at lunch today. I have serious blogging on the brain.
Question of the Day
What is your worse fault when it comes to school? –Mine is definitely procrastination… terrible and kicks my booty every time!