Sam from Duke & The Movies recently started a very cool blogathon, and the big question we need to answer is:
Extraterrestrial forces land on Earth. Unknowing of our planet and society, you can pick five films from the history of cinema that represent humanity. What titles would you choose and why?
It's very hard to choose, but I would probably try to show the world as an extremely diverse, creative, yet complicated place to be in, also showing realistic movies, as they need to know what is Planet Earth! I will try to make it chronologically, because I think it might help them to better understand Earth and its inhabitants.
1. A historical movie showcasing Ancient times, just so they can see the early stages of the planet and how it all started- it could be Ben-Hur, The Ten commandments, The Gladiator, Troy...you name it! I will choose The Ten Commandments, although I haven't seen it, so I may be wrong, but I think is what I am looking for to show them!
2. A period drama- for their costumes, the story, their manners and the conservative, yet passionate natures of people in those days. My pick: Pride&Prejudice (2005?)
3. A movie from or about the 20s-30s. Since we also need a musical to make them happy after all the previous dramas, I will go with Chicago
4. A movie about life, its trial and tribulations and with a normal, rather realistic scrip. I can't think of anything better than Paris, Je t'aime: multiple stories, great actors, amazing directors, and with believable storylines.
5. The final one would be an action packed, entertaining type of movie that is currently topping the box office. This was pretty hard to decide, since there are big choices like Harry Potter, James Bond, The Dark knight, Lord of the Rings and so on, but I will stick with the current king of the world, as it has a great mix of drama, action, love, comedy and superheroes: Avengers
Not the most original choices, but I think these will help give a basic image of the world they are stuck in! Hope you like it and thank you Sam for the great idea!
These articles might interest you :
Paula over at Paula’s Cinema Club happened upon the idea of predicting films made in the last ten years that will be “classics” in thirty or forty years time.... Read moreBy Impsndcnma
YEAR: 1956; DIRECTORS: Jacques-Yves Cousteau, Louis Malle; WRITER: Jacques-Yves CousteauHaving read and heard much about Cousteau, I actually don't know a bit... Read moreBy Limette
YEAR: 1964; DIRECTOR: Jacques-Yves Cousteau; WRITERS: J. Cousteau, James DuganAside from winning the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature and starting wit... Read moreBy Limette
YEAR: 1976; DIRECTOR: Philippe Cousteau, Jacques-Yves CousteauWith this review of Voyage to the Edge of the World, my Cousteau Mini Blogathon comes to an end. Read moreBy Limette
The fantastic Nostra at Myfilmviews has created an ingenious idea for a new blogathon, called the Movie Confessions blogathon. Read moreBy Tjatkinson
It's blogathon time and this one was suggested by my good fellow film blogger Nostra whose blog www.myfilmviews.com is one of the few blogs I read frequently. Read moreBy Raghavmodi
Andy over at Fandango Groovers Movie Blog has set up yet another fantastic blogathon to get involved in. If you have a blog/website get involved! Read moreBy Caz
MOST POPULAR FROM ENTERTAINMENT
- Phish 2016 Fall tour SBD + torrents: 2016/10/16 Nashville by Hctf
- Preview: Mechanism #4 by Raffaele Ienco (Image) by Comicscritic
- When I came home yesterday at dusk… Tomorrow & tomorrow & tomorrow… by Thejohnfleming
- 10 Great Horror Directors of the 21st Century by House Of Geekery
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ENTERTAINMENT
- Uni Ika Ai Share Their Stunning Debut Album [Premiere] by Thewildhoneypie
- Kip Moore Takes Flight @ The GM Centre by Hendrik Pape
- Kip Moore Steals Hearts in Kingston by Hendrik Pape
- Track Of The Day: Paul Draper - 'Friends Make The Worst Enemies' by Rw/ff