175 g butter (do not substitute margarine)
40g dried cranberries
70g white chocolate
zest of 1/2 orange
1/2 tsp cinnamon
175g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
175g light soft brown sugar (150g would be better)
1 tsp vanilla extract
Sifted icing sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180C/fan 160C/ Gas 4.
- In bowl, microwave butter, loosely covered, on HIGH 1-1 1/2 minutes or until melted, stirring after every 30-second interval. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Chop white chocolate. In a bowl combine cranberries, chocolate, cinnamon, flour, baking powder and salt. Zest orange into mix; mix well and set aside. Add brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract to melted butter, whisk until smooth.
- Add butter mixture to flour mixture, fold together just until combined (do not over-mix). Place one scoop of mixture into each well of Silicone Floral Cupcake Pan, dividing mixture evenly.
- Bake 18-22 minutes or until edges of cakes are golden brown. Remove from oven, cool for 5 minutes in Cupcake Pan. Carefully invert cakes onto cooling rack, dust with sifted icing sugar if desired.