Rare Violins of New York and "a Late Quartet"By Evolutionnow
many of the world's most important stringed instruments pass through the rare violins workshop, run by mike and tatsu.
rare violins provided instruments and location for scenes in the recent movie a late quartet. philip seymour hoffman, christopher walken, and catherine keener starred. mike spent a lot of time on the set (as official valuable violin chaperone) and i got to catch a glimpse of it myself. rare violins partners bruno price and ziv arazi helped teach the actors to "play" the instruments. mike said catherine keener is very nice!
i just missed the wrap. if i'd arrived a few minutes earlier i could have had a glass of champagne with the cast and crew. we did attend the wrap party at the chelsea hotel, though. but i got a bit too excited about the open bar. mike had to take (um... carry?) me home. sad.
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM CULTURE
- Trailer Alert – The Loft by Newguy
- Christmas time in London by Englishwifeindianlife
- BOOK THOUGHTS ON THURSDAY | ON BEING PLEASANTLY SURPRISED by Mle_vnc
- Friday Finds (December 19) by Cleopatralovesbooks
Thanksgiving Climate Change John Galliano Hurricane Sandy Turkey Halloween North Korea European Union Apple X-Factor Christmas Lance Armstrong Harry Potter World Cup 2014 Egypt Academy Awards News Corp Rupert Murdoch Lady Gaga Apps True Blood Economy Michelle Rodriguez Russia Valentine's Day Barack Obama Samsung The Box Office Nuclear Energy China
MOST RECOMMENDED IN CULTURE
- Author Interview: Vani: The Recession Groom: A Contemporary Story Of An IT Professional During Global Credit Crisis by Pebbleinthestillwaters
- Review: A Victorian Obsession by Kirsty Stonell Walker
- Saturday 13th December - Christmas in America by Kirsty Stonell Walker
- Review: A Klingon Christmas Carol (Commedia Beauregard, 2014) by Chicagotheaterbeat