Rare Violins of New York and "a Late Quartet"By Evolutionnow
many of the world's most important stringed instruments pass through the rare violins workshop, run by mike and tatsu.
rare violins provided instruments and location for scenes in the recent movie a late quartet. philip seymour hoffman, christopher walken, and catherine keener starred. mike spent a lot of time on the set (as official valuable violin chaperone) and i got to catch a glimpse of it myself. rare violins partners bruno price and ziv arazi helped teach the actors to "play" the instruments. mike said catherine keener is very nice!
i just missed the wrap. if i'd arrived a few minutes earlier i could have had a glass of champagne with the cast and crew. we did attend the wrap party at the chelsea hotel, though. but i got a bit too excited about the open bar. mike had to take (um... carry?) me home. sad.
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM CULTURE
- Mortar and Stone by Bookishkind
- Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones (2014) by Newguy
- Rosalind Franklin: The Dark Lady of DNA – Brenda Maddox by Bibliobeth
- AVA’s L’italiana sails despite evening’s perfect storm of challenges by Galegirl
Hurricane Sandy Lance Armstrong Harry Potter Economy Halloween Barack Obama Egypt News Corp Russia Michelle Rodriguez Turkey China Samsung North Korea Thanksgiving Climate Change European Union X-Factor Lady Gaga Apple Father's Day Christmas True Blood Academy Awards Mali Apps The Box Office John Galliano Mardi Gras Valentine's Day
MOST RECOMMENDED IN CULTURE
- David Walker's 'A Blank Canvas is a White Flag' in London by Hookedblog
- 10 T. S. Eliot Poems Everyone Should Read by Interesting Literature
- Tiana Tolstoï is a “Modern Muse” for a Special Chanel for ELLE by Benjamin Kanarek by Benjaminkanarek
- Having it away... by Kirsty Stonell Walker