Rare Violins of New York and "a Late Quartet"By Evolutionnow
many of the world's most important stringed instruments pass through the rare violins workshop, run by mike and tatsu.
rare violins provided instruments and location for scenes in the recent movie a late quartet. philip seymour hoffman, christopher walken, and catherine keener starred. mike spent a lot of time on the set (as official valuable violin chaperone) and i got to catch a glimpse of it myself. rare violins partners bruno price and ziv arazi helped teach the actors to "play" the instruments. mike said catherine keener is very nice!
i just missed the wrap. if i'd arrived a few minutes earlier i could have had a glass of champagne with the cast and crew. we did attend the wrap party at the chelsea hotel, though. but i got a bit too excited about the open bar. mike had to take (um... carry?) me home. sad.
MOST POPULAR FROM CULTURE
- Book Review: Death of a Diva: From Berlin to Broadway by Brigitte Goldstein: A Superbly Woven Murder Story by Jaideep Khanduja
- ODEITH – Anamorphic Graffiti Letters by Creativevisualart
- BOOK REVIEW: IN COLD BLOOD BY TRUMAN CAPOTE by Pamelascott
- Writers on Location – Peter Nichols on Mallorca by Isabel Costello
Valentine's Day North Korea Nuclear Energy Economy Halloween Samsung Apps Turkey Russia Rick Perry China True Blood The Box Office Lady Gaga World Cup 2014 Barack Obama Michelle Rodriguez Christmas The Olympics John Galliano Egypt Lance Armstrong Academy Awards European Union Harry Potter Apple Mitt Romney Climate Change Mali Thanksgiving
MOST RECOMMENDED IN CULTURE
- A Short History of the Word ‘Serendipity’ by Interesting Literature
- 10 Short Medieval Poems Everyone Should Read by Interesting Literature
- Cheek Pinching in India by Englishwifeindianlife
- PSU students raising funds to build food-cart parklet by Brianlibby