Quilled Bird DesignsBy Ann Martin
Here's one I made that features a Jacobean fellow, inspired by a crewelwork design. I seem to be on a roll with good luck cards lately.
The marbled background was the cover of a museum brochure originally - I wish I had an unlimited supply; love it! After doing a run of marriage certificates and wedding invitations in subtle colors, I enjoyed using such vivid shades of quilling paper.
Same goes for this little parrot. Whimsical and bright, I made him as part of a collection of baby animals to go on a frame for one of our nephews. Now that I'm taking such a close look, I see he kind of looks like he's tip-toeing along the branch, ha!
Wendy Verity of Australia made this adorable abstract owl... sorry the pic is a bit overexposed, but we can make out the clever design just fine. She rolled silver-edged paper with green and purple to give his eyes such a nice shine, and he looks very handsome against the Cuttlebug embossed background.
If you're new here and would like to see a recap of some other birds I've quilled, visit Donaville Herrick's beautiful new site, Dearest Nature, where she kindly featured several of my feathered friends earlier this week.
If you've quilled a bird (or even a flock!) you'd like to share with everyone, I hope you'll post a link in the comments section.
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTS
- Blinks of Life : Life Story with Monaco kit by Jcchris
- Blinks of Life : Layouts with Monaco kit by Jcchris
- Master Bedroom Custom Closet Mini-Reveal by Southshoredecoratingblog
- An Overview Concerning Precision Machining Services by Bertyc
Apple Samsung Barack Obama True Blood World Cup 2014 Mali European Union The Olympics Economy The Box Office John Galliano Climate Change Halloween Valentine's Day Russia Academy Awards Michelle Rodriguez Rick Perry Apps Turkey Thanksgiving Lady Gaga Nuclear Energy China Egypt North Korea Rupert Murdoch Harry Potter Lance Armstrong Christmas
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ARTS & CRAFTS
- Renovating a Vintage Suitcase by Cbdesigns
- Quilled Heart Necklace Tutorial by Ann Martin
- Orchid and Turquoise DIY Wedding with Dom Loves Mary Font by Debisementelli
- Syrah Jay at Time Boutique by Jollygoodstudio