Pretty DIY PetticoatsBy Partycraftsecrets
If you have little girls who like to look different to last party, here's a quick way to make everything old new again:
The layering idea is simple; pick a pretty party dress AND a pretty tutu (skirt only) and put the dress over the tutu. The great thing about this combination is that the dress is given plenty of extra volume and a petticoat look as the frills and tulle of the tutu inevitably peek out from under the dress.
In terms of using feathers the idea is to find a few coloured feathers to match the dress (I bought a bag of 'coloured craft feathers' at my local discount-dollar-store) and slip them into a hair clip. You could of course get fancy with hot glue guns and the like, but I find that they stay in place simply by clipping them in. (Lotti has the clip-on variety while Mimi is wearing a borrowed headband.)
The great thing about this new look is that it is fast, easy, free, and oh so pretty. My girls transformed into tiny divas in a moment... all for the sake of a school disco dance!
So next time you're dressing your little girl and wondering how-to... just layer and feather her!
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTS
- Christmas Home Tours by Decorology
- Heropanti (2014) by Curdsnwhey
- The Martian (2015) by Curdsnwhey
- Ek Villain (2014) by Curdsnwhey
Halloween Harry Potter True Blood John Galliano European Union Christmas Egypt Thanksgiving Nuclear Energy Valentine's Day World Cup 2014 News Corp Samsung Apps The Box Office Academy Awards Russia Michelle Rodriguez Barack Obama North Korea China Lance Armstrong Economy Rupert Murdoch Apple Turkey Climate Change Lady Gaga X-Factor Hurricane Sandy
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ARTS & CRAFTS
- Complex Paper Quilling - Ayobola Kekere-Ekun by Ann Martin
- Entertaining this season? Easy place holders and gift card holders... #MakeItGiveIt by Midwesterngirl
- Super dreamy, never-want-to-leave home libraries. by Decorology
- Ombre Pom Pom Beanie Free Pattern by Lucy