We have previously featured legendary Spanish street artist PEZ on Hookedblog, as the artist has been in London for the last week ahead of the opening of his first London solo show 'Smiling Since 199" which opens later this evening at Tony's Gallery. The show is set to feature a mixture of installations, original canvas works, prints and some video work.
Hookedblog have been lucky enough to hang out with the artist as he has been re-decorating the streets of East London the last few days with his smiling iconic fish characters. Some of the street work you will have already seen on the blog, but here is a new selection of photographs we have captured.
If you are in or near London this evening, 'Smiling since 1999' opens at Tony's Gallery with a private view Thursday 5th April from 6pm with the exhibition running at the space for a month.
Tony's Gallery - 68 Sclater Street - London -E1 6HR
Pez - Smiling Since 1999 ExhibitionBy Hookedblog
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM ART & DESIGN
- Clothing/Accessories 9 [Orange You Glad It’s Friday] by Shattman
- friday grab bag by Lil_white_whale
- Two Lithuanian Modernists: Vincas Kisarauskas and Saule Kisarauskiene by Adventuresintheprinttrade
- Weekend: Bra Workshop This Weekend! by Mmadalynne
Valentine's Day Apple Turkey North Korea Harry Potter Nuclear Energy Rupert Murdoch Mali True Blood Egypt John Galliano Academy Awards The Olympics Mitt Romney Russia Michelle Rodriguez European Union China Lance Armstrong Lady Gaga Samsung Thanksgiving Apps Barack Obama Halloween Rick Perry Climate Change Economy Christmas The Box Office
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ART & DESIGN
- Car sketches and illustrations by Grigory Bars by Luciano
- Things That Look Surprisingly Weird And Awesome When Cut In Half by Inspirion
- Luce Unplugged: 5 (plus one) Questions with the Band lowercase letters by Americanart
- Five Questions: Septime Webre of The Washington Ballet by Americanart