We have previously featured legendary Spanish street artist PEZ on Hookedblog, as the artist has been in London for the last week ahead of the opening of his first London solo show 'Smiling Since 199" which opens later this evening at Tony's Gallery. The show is set to feature a mixture of installations, original canvas works, prints and some video work.
Hookedblog have been lucky enough to hang out with the artist as he has been re-decorating the streets of East London the last few days with his smiling iconic fish characters. Some of the street work you will have already seen on the blog, but here is a new selection of photographs we have captured.
If you are in or near London this evening, 'Smiling since 1999' opens at Tony's Gallery with a private view Thursday 5th April from 6pm with the exhibition running at the space for a month.
Tony's Gallery - 68 Sclater Street - London -E1 6HR
These articles might interest you :
Podcast: Play in new window | Download Have you ever experienced a tennis slump? Have you gone through an extended period of time where you felt like you were... Read moreThe 14 May 2015 by Kselz
Photo by A+A Gallery.For me, the fun and frolics of the Venice Biennale are over as I'm now back in my London studio, working on my next project. Read moreThe 14 May 2015 by Waynechisnall
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE
[Content note: mental illness] After having written tons of posts about supporting people with mental illness, I realized that there was a gap–I’ve seen few... Read moreThe 14 May 2015 by Brute Reason
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
At 2,922 meters above sea level, Mt. Pulag is Luzon’s highest mountain and the third highest mountain in the Philippines. It is the sacred home of the Ibalois,... Read moreThe 15 May 2015 by Adrenaline Romance
A man played each part in a 70-piece orchestra and cut it into a one-man showA man from Hull in the UK has taken the concept of the one-man band and run with it. Read moreThe 17 May 2015 by Elizabethprata
A wise friend of mine once said that the internet acts as a mask; we can be whoever we want to be, project whatever image we wish and be a carefully... Read moreThe 17 May 2015 by Kirsty Stonell Walker
IT’s summertime and time for a “ROAD TRIP.” TRAVEL MADE EASY FOR LESS! You can book all your hotel stops through ityourthingpaycation.com and be amazed at how... Read moreThe 18 May 2015 by Ccook10599
MOST POPULAR FROM ART & DESIGN
- MONEY, FAME & YOUTH by Mariagrazia
- Ralph Lauren Femme Polo U.S.A cheap the average tie may be around by Mushir
- Ralph Lauren Accessoires Being Successful Means Being Cutting Edge is a salesperson’s biggest asset. Confident people exude confidence and others pick up on it. It opens doors because confident people are believable. They are great for high school teac... by Mushir
- Ping G25 Irons For Sale one of the best Cushing/Lee vehicles of the 70s. Pretty damn gonzo flick too by Mushir
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ART & DESIGN
- New London Mural from Chilean native Cekis by Hookedblog
- Giorgetto Giugiaro "il Maestro" retires from Italdesign. by Luciano
- Alexis Diaz & Elian collaborate on a new London Mural by Hookedblog
- Liberty by Artbycedar