Lets get back to the previous post for a moment here, I identified my stress sources and did not prevent em' but rather found other means to cope with stress. Check out how to identify your stress sources with my example.
In the first case, I mentioned my sleep-wake cycle as a major stress source. After ample analysis, this is what I intend to do from now on,
- Maintain a regular bedtime. My rising time cannot change and with the added fact that I'm in my late teens and require at least 7 hours of sleep, I should plan my schedule in a way that I would be able to sleep at the same time everyday, with 7 hours of sleep and try to wake up early in the morning, preferably at 6 AM.
- I should avoid changing my sleep schedule on weekends.
- I shouldn't snooze at my work no matter what.
- Embrace it as my duty. Yes, I know it's tough but it was me who chose it and I should try to adjust myself accordingly.
- Make the most of the breaks I get. You know, there are breaks in between and that is when I can completely help myself kick stress out.
- Try to laugh around more and have a better patient-physician relationship with my patients. In the third case, I identified lack of sleep as a stress source. It differs a bit from the sleep-wake cycle but I'm gonna follow the same tips. So, I can strike off cases 1 and 3 in one go.
- Try my best to be more patient and take time to react to people.
- Will try to understand what the other person exactly wants to convey and why he/she said that.
- Again, I will try to laugh around more to keep me light-hearted.
In my case, Developing a better relationship with my patients can really help me in preventing stress
Next, Talking to people and my irritability have been stressing me for quite a long time. Now, this is where I falter the most, I lose patience, get irritated and angry and at the end of it is a messed up mind! As they say, "Doctor, Heal Thyself", is what I'm gonna do.
For now, I will stop doing the talking and give it up to you. Let me hear your thoughts on this, any advices you could give or how you felt after following them! Sure, I can have a conversation all day!