Session 2: Just like the first, with an emphasis on placing newspaper strips in the opposite direction to add strength.
Sessions 3: Students mached blank newsprint over the entire globe to cover all the type.
Session 4: I drew some very simple continent shapes on the board, and had the students paint in green the “land” on their globe. When complete, they filled in the rest with blue. My kids were so young I didn't bring up the issue of the north and south poles being white, but older students would probably like to do so. When the paint was dry, I sprayed the globes heavily with a spray varnish to add a little shine. All in all, a lot of fun and parents liked them as much as the kids.
Need a recipe for paper mache? Click here for the link to mine.
These articles might interest you :
During my recent visit to Art Creation Foundation for Children in Haiti, I was overwhelmed by the quality of paper mache art that the children had made. Read moreBy Kathybarbro
This past weekend, I was searching for new art projects to try for myself to do at home. A few weeks ago I had bought these miniature $1 wooden birdhouses at a... Read moreBy Kristin1219
This pumpkin is made from about 40 plastic grocery bags, some Saran wrap, 3 rubber bands, newspaper, paper towel and mache, topped off with a beautiful new... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
Paper-mache projects can work really well with any upcoming Earth Day themes. My favorite recipe for the mache is included below.1. Tape a balloon to a heavy... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
ARTS & CRAFTS, FAMILY, HOME
These giant pencils were a favorite among students and parents alike in my private art class. The basic shape comes from a mailing tube, which I found at my... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
Amy Flurry and Nikki Salk from paper-cut-project have created a series of fantastic paper wigs. (via Everlasting Blort)The Read moreBy Gerard
Its exactly what you'd imagine it would look like, if you've seen a photograph of it. But visiting it tells you something a bit different about the place. Read moreBy Arfully Yours
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE
MOST POPULAR FROM FAMILY
- Dolly Review: Sweet Girl Panda Kurhn (6103) by Ashley Brooke, Kewpie83
- Felicity Jane Creative Team : Pillow Gift Box by Jcchris
- Dolly Review: Wicked Cool Toys Cabbage Patch Kids by Ashley Brooke, Kewpie83
- Happiness is.... making the most of the school holidays by A Happy Mum
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FAMILY
- After years as nomads, returning to the USA by Behan Gifford
- Don’t allow fear to be your dream eater. by Rachel Rachelhagg
- What’s in a Name? Summer Camp, Cancer, and 84 Miles To Go by Designerdaddy
- Vegetable Pulao for Babies and Kids (Easy Pressure Cooker Method) by Sangeetha