Paper-Mache BowlBy Kathybarbro
2. When the bowl is dry and hard, pop the balloon if it hasn't already done so. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with a scissors.
3. Tape a round cardboard circle to the bottom of the bowl with lots of masking tape. Apply several layers of newspaper in all directions.
4. When the bowl is dry and hard, apply a final layer of paper towel strips covered in mache.
5. When the bowl is dry, apply acrylic paint in a creative fashion. Lastly, cover with a coating of Mod Podge to protect the surface. This bowl was made by a 1st grader.
Paper Mache Recipe:
1 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups cold water
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
In a bowl, combine the flour and cold water. Add to the saucepan of boiling water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it is ready to use.
These articles might interest you :
The driver shortage in the trucking industry isn’t a trend; it’s the new normal. Nearly 80 percent of consumer goods in North America are delivered by trucks,... Read moreThe 12 March 2015 by Ryderexchange
The head of security, Fred, poked his head into my office the other day and asked if I was busy.“Uh…well, I’m going to lunch,” I said. It was 12:15, and my... Read moreThe 13 March 2015 by Shrinkingthecamel
SELF EXPRESSION, SPIRITUALITY
here's some quick tips on comedy writing for your script Read moreThe 13 March 2015 by Janmcinnis
One unfortunate result of this brilliant communication application called Whatsapp is that overzealous and people of a more religious mindset keep sending... Read moreThe 14 March 2015 by Brendan Dabhi
The Friends of the Public Garden Board of Directors voted recently to request that Olympic events and ancillary structures proposed by Boston 2024 for Boston... Read moreThe 13 March 2015 by Fopg
One of my goals this year was to stick to as much of a clean eating plan as possible. I already avoid soda and processed soft drinks and I even make my own... Read moreThe 13 March 2015 by Savvybrown
Higher Education is not just a class or standard of education, but it is also a way to enhance student's efficiency value to the society and self. Being at th... Read moreThe 14 March 2015 by Gaurav Tiwari
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTS
- Impromptu Daytrip - Part 2 by Leonied
- Is your TV over the fireplace? Here’s what I’m doing. by Laharris1
- Fiber Lab Origami Cupcakes Plus More by Ann Martin
- Only the Necessary by Nancymccarroll
COMMUNITY ARTS & CRAFTS
ON THE ARTS & CRAFTS FORUM
- Why buy handmade? Reviewed by Abdul