Paper-Mache BowlPosted on the 11 May 2011 by Kathybarbro
2. When the bowl is dry and hard, pop the balloon if it hasn't already done so. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with a scissors.
3. Tape a round cardboard circle to the bottom of the bowl with lots of masking tape. Apply several layers of newspaper in all directions.
4. When the bowl is dry and hard, apply a final layer of paper towel strips covered in mache.
5. When the bowl is dry, apply acrylic paint in a creative fashion. Lastly, cover with a coating of Mod Podge to protect the surface. This bowl was made by a 1st grader.
Paper Mache Recipe:
1 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups cold water
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
In a bowl, combine the flour and cold water. Add to the saucepan of boiling water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it is ready to use.
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
Only a few days left until Christmas but the little elves are out of school and eager for activities. If you don’t want to brave the crowds to shop for... Read moreThe 20 December 2012 by Barbarayesspaces
ARTS & CRAFTS, FAMILY, HOME, INTERIOR DESIGN
Hello everyone, how's your Christmas? Well I fell sick right after Christmas lunch at my in-laws and it wasn't the best feeling! Read moreThe 26 December 2012 by Jcchris
ARTS & CRAFTS, FAMILY, HOME, SCHOOLING
Follow my blog with Bloglovin 30 Minute Burlap Bunny Project This burlap bunny can be made in less than 30 minutes. All I did was find a good bunny shape like... Read moreThe 18 March 2013 by Sowanddipity
ARTS & CRAFTS, FAMILY, HOME
Again inspired by Pinterest, I decided to do some jazzy pots for my walkway this year. The pots are actually leftovers from Spring 2011 when I picked up... Read moreThe 10 December 2012 by Thismomloves
ARTS & CRAFTS, COMMUNITY, FAMILY, HOME, PARENTING
On the eve of Mother’s Day, I thought it would be important to salute those amazing women who are influential in the lives of their nieces and nephews but have... Read moreThe 12 May 2013 by Jamiedunham
BUSINESS, MARKETING & ADVERTISING
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTS
- How to Make Your Living Room More Relaxing by Alison_wood
- Reupholster Project - Part 10 (the before and after!) by Unitherapy
- In Case You Missed It: by Ctbas
- Three little turtles… by Ebabee