2. When the bowl is dry and hard, pop the balloon if it hasn't already done so. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with a scissors.
3. Tape a round cardboard circle to the bottom of the bowl with lots of masking tape. Apply several layers of newspaper in all directions.
4. When the bowl is dry and hard, apply a final layer of paper towel strips covered in mache.
5. When the bowl is dry, apply acrylic paint in a creative fashion. Lastly, cover with a coating of Mod Podge to protect the surface. This bowl was made by a 1st grader.
Paper Mache Recipe:
1 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups cold water
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
In a bowl, combine the flour and cold water. Add to the saucepan of boiling water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it is ready to use.
These articles might interest you :
“No. I can’t leave,” my son says, his voice tight and low. “I’m in the middle of a raid!”These words are from the mouth of my tweener son, twelve years of... Read moreThe 20 October 2015 by Christopher De Voss
Can you believe that these cuddly little guys have already sold out in the USA and have been very popular elsewhere in the world, such as Australia! Well now... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Evette Garside
Well, I was going to blog about the London Film Festival documentary which I saw last night – Being Evel: The Lives and Loves of a Daredevil. The trouble is it... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Thejohnfleming
This post was so popular that I have decided to add a contact form about the greens if you are interested in learning more about them! Read until the end! 5... Read moreThe 20 October 2015 by Drowqueen
"It might make sense if I read my intro first, and then respond to your questions." "15 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer..." I continued with a condensed... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Feedmedearly
FOOD & DRINK
After a long time away from blogging, I am gathering my mental strength to go back to what i love doing.Sharing that is, last month was the worst month for my... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Shegotherown
Sweetie and I are always on a vigilant lookout for more exciting adventures. Instead of having dates in classic romantic settings, we spend our loving moments... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Adrenaline Romance
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTSAll articles
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ARTS & CRAFTS
- my thanksgiving table by Laharris1
- Barn inspired homes. by Decorology
- Easy DIY: Accordion Cards by Ctbas