Paper-Mache BowlBy Kathybarbro
2. When the bowl is dry and hard, pop the balloon if it hasn't already done so. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with a scissors.
3. Tape a round cardboard circle to the bottom of the bowl with lots of masking tape. Apply several layers of newspaper in all directions.
4. When the bowl is dry and hard, apply a final layer of paper towel strips covered in mache.
5. When the bowl is dry, apply acrylic paint in a creative fashion. Lastly, cover with a coating of Mod Podge to protect the surface. This bowl was made by a 1st grader.
Paper Mache Recipe:
1 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups cold water
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
In a bowl, combine the flour and cold water. Add to the saucepan of boiling water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it is ready to use.
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTS
- Kids Christmas Party by Vixenmade
- This Is Normal Behavior, Right? And a Must See Time Saving Changing Life Hack by Southshoredecoratingblog
- My Hand Painted Globe Knock-Off Do It Yourself Project and a Bit of Exciting Professional News by Southshoredecoratingblog
- Show & Tell: Rubber Duckie over and out! by Leonied
European Union Apps Russia Valentine's Day Thanksgiving Nuclear Energy Christmas Samsung X-Factor Harry Potter Turkey Michelle Rodriguez North Korea The Box Office News Corp Lance Armstrong Rupert Murdoch Academy Awards Lady Gaga Hurricane Sandy Barack Obama China True Blood World Cup 2014 Apple Economy Halloween Climate Change Egypt John Galliano
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ARTS & CRAFTS
- Glinda Gets a New Vintage Trailer Interior Wall by Cherylswindow
- Ombre Pom Pom Beanie Free Pattern by Lucy
- 50 Favorites for Friday #156 by Southshoredecoratingblog
- Parquet floors are still in? by Decorology
COMMUNITY ARTS & CRAFTS
ON THE ARTS & CRAFTS FORUM
- Beautiful Pink Ruffle Inspiration Board Reviewed by Sac Chanel Prix Neuf