2. When the bowl is dry and hard, pop the balloon if it hasn't already done so. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with a scissors.
3. Tape a round cardboard circle to the bottom of the bowl with lots of masking tape. Apply several layers of newspaper in all directions.
4. When the bowl is dry and hard, apply a final layer of paper towel strips covered in mache.
5. When the bowl is dry, apply acrylic paint in a creative fashion. Lastly, cover with a coating of Mod Podge to protect the surface. This bowl was made by a 1st grader.
Paper Mache Recipe:
1 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups cold water
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
In a bowl, combine the flour and cold water. Add to the saucepan of boiling water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it is ready to use.
These articles might interest you :
With twenty plus years active in the music business Ian Fletcher Thornley is the consummate professional. Looking happy, youthful and healthy on stage, I don’t... Read moreBy Phjoshua
LIFESTYLE, SELF EXPRESSION
At the School of Artisan Food François Marin's intensely flavoured 'restaurant', a restorative quintessence which gave its name to the early Parisian eating... Read moreBy Historicfood
FOOD & DRINK
We over here at RV Project HQ (currently: Spenser’s Parents House, Berkeley, CA) are still beaming after an amazing weekend at the inaugural Joe’s Valley... Read moreBy Thervproject
The two letter domain name BY.com has just been added to the RightoftheDot.com domain name auction as part of the Namescon conference. The domain name already... Read moreBy Worldwide
Well, I think this is exciting news…After 8 years I’ve officially resigned from my tech integration role at PLC Sydney and, starting on January 1 next year, wil... Read moreBy Betchaboy
The first ever Chinese Domain Festival and China Digital Asset Investment Summit live auction concluded with 150 million RMB in sales. The full list is below... Read moreBy Worldwide
A week back, few lifestyle bloggers were invited to an exclusive showcase of the new #IdeasOnWood at #AsianPaints #ColourStoreBandra. Read more12 hours, 17 minutes ago by Jhilmil D Saha
HAIR & BEAUTY
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTS
- Darlingside's God of Loss Papercut Music Video by Andrew Benincasa by Ann Martin
- A Touch of Wicker by Decorology
- love...a layout - Hello Gorgeous! Heidi Swapp by Midwesterngirl
- Fresh and beautiful: from Domino by Decorology
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ARTS & CRAFTS
- Artist Crush February 2016 Linda Ledbetter by Cbdesigns
- Geometric Paper Cutting by Kristine Benum Braanen by Ann Martin
- Coming Soon! by Ada
- Fresh Flowers, Books, and Candles by Decorology