2. When the bowl is dry and hard, pop the balloon if it hasn't already done so. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with a scissors.
3. Tape a round cardboard circle to the bottom of the bowl with lots of masking tape. Apply several layers of newspaper in all directions.
4. When the bowl is dry and hard, apply a final layer of paper towel strips covered in mache.
5. When the bowl is dry, apply acrylic paint in a creative fashion. Lastly, cover with a coating of Mod Podge to protect the surface. This bowl was made by a 1st grader.
Paper Mache Recipe:
1 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups cold water
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
In a bowl, combine the flour and cold water. Add to the saucepan of boiling water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it is ready to use.
These articles might interest you :
Here is our new and rather spooky board game from Drumond Park. It's a really fun family game which can be played both young and old. The age recommendation i... Read moreThe 03 September 2015 by Evette Garside
While pasta primavera traditionally celebrates the fresh produce of springtime in Italy, this lightened up version highlights the beautiful produce of late... Read moreThe 03 September 2015 by Healthytravelblog
Lavender fields welcome visitors to the farm.One sunny summer morning, I started out on a day trip to one of Guernsey's larger neighbour, Jersey. Read moreThe 03 September 2015 by Iyabelles
One thing I find both terrible and embarrassing is that on a tiny island like Roatan, it has taken me YEARS to get to some of the destinations around here. Read moreThe 05 September 2015 by Cubiclethrowdown
“GTFO” directed by Shannon Sun-Higginson Despite composing the majority of video game players, women are frequently attacked within the gaming community. Read moreThe 03 September 2015 by Juliez
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
Infinix Hot 2 (X510) is the latest device rocking the mobile market. As you already know, The Infinix Hot 2 (X510) is the first phone in Africa to run on the... Read moreThe 03 September 2015 by Babanature
Two months ago I received a frantic phone call from my mother-in-law, Mary, informing me that she’d scheduled a Pineapple Lies book signing at her book club at... Read moreThe 03 September 2015 by Kidfreeliving
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTS
- 8th October Scrap Thursday Part 19 by Rumtruffle
- Felicity Jane : Week 27 & 28 by Jcchris
- Maggie Holmes Design Team : Fun Projects by Jcchris
- Folk Art Halloween Friends Tutorial by Alison_wood
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ARTS & CRAFTS
- Detailed Paper Cuttings - Vanshika Agarwala by Ann Martin
- Commercial Stop Motion Paper Engineering - Ollanski and Cris Wiegandt by Ann Martin
- Dark Done Right! by Decorology
- A Look Back at September by Decorology
COMMUNITY ARTS & CRAFTS
ON THE ARTS & CRAFTS FORUM
- Free Printable Friday: Summer Subway Art Reviewed by Chocolateshel