Paper-Mache BowlBy Kathybarbro
2. When the bowl is dry and hard, pop the balloon if it hasn't already done so. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with a scissors.
3. Tape a round cardboard circle to the bottom of the bowl with lots of masking tape. Apply several layers of newspaper in all directions.
4. When the bowl is dry and hard, apply a final layer of paper towel strips covered in mache.
5. When the bowl is dry, apply acrylic paint in a creative fashion. Lastly, cover with a coating of Mod Podge to protect the surface. This bowl was made by a 1st grader.
Paper Mache Recipe:
1 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups cold water
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
In a bowl, combine the flour and cold water. Add to the saucepan of boiling water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it is ready to use.
These articles might interest you :
Tam’s Pub is not your typical restaurant or watering hole. Located on a residential side street near My Khe Beach in Da Nang, Vietnam, it’s easy to mistake the... Read moreThe 16 February 2015 by Everywhereonce
The literary lives of twelve famous Victorians, told in the poetic form they knew so wellNobody knows for sure why limericks are named limericks. Read moreThe 16 February 2015 by Interesting Literature
That means I didn’t, relax Dad.Valentine’s Day, the one day of the year that commemorates the commercialization of love. That’s so cute. Read moreThe 15 February 2015 by Brendan Dabhi
William Laurance, a distinguished research professor at James Cook University in Cairns, has received the most esteemed prize awarded by the renowned... Read moreThe 15 February 2015 by Bradshaw
I am not a “fancy” person. While I like dressing up and attending formal events on occasion, I am a pretty regular gal. I rarely do fancy things for holidays,... Read moreThe 14 February 2015 by Forayintofood
FOOD & DRINK
Today marks the debut of the movie 50 Shades of Grey. it is based on the book of the same name. The book and movie (as well as its origination texts, the... Read moreThe 14 February 2015 by Elizabethprata
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTS
- Elle's Studio Design Team : Project Life Week 6 & 7 by Jcchris
- what a difference stepping back and zooming in can make when photographing cars by Bertyc
- a suffregette on a scooter, 1916 london by Bertyc
- Interesting auto mechanic job posting I came across, for tour bus company by Bertyc
Winter Sports Climate Change X-Factor Lance Armstrong China Valentine's Day Mardi Gras Barack Obama Nuclear Energy North Korea DSK John Galliano Christmas True Blood The Olympics Russia Economy Academy Awards Apple Apps The Box Office Rick Perry Egypt Turkey Harry Potter Michelle Rodriguez Mitt Romney Lady Gaga Samsung Halloween
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ARTS & CRAFTS
- Hand Painted Wood Signs Using My Cantoni Font by Debisementelli
- How to Wrap Custom Built Cushions – Part II Vintage Trailer Cushion Series by Cbdesigns
- Creating a creative work space! by Decorology
- Spring time Outdoor Parties by Decorology
COMMUNITY ARTS & CRAFTS
ON THE ARTS & CRAFTS FORUM
- Why buy handmade? Reviewed by Abdul