2. When the bowl is dry and hard, pop the balloon if it hasn't already done so. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with a scissors.
3. Tape a round cardboard circle to the bottom of the bowl with lots of masking tape. Apply several layers of newspaper in all directions.
4. When the bowl is dry and hard, apply a final layer of paper towel strips covered in mache.
5. When the bowl is dry, apply acrylic paint in a creative fashion. Lastly, cover with a coating of Mod Podge to protect the surface. This bowl was made by a 1st grader.
Paper Mache Recipe:
1 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups cold water
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
In a bowl, combine the flour and cold water. Add to the saucepan of boiling water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it is ready to use.
These articles might interest you :
I’ve been thinking a lot about the idea of “maturity” and “immaturity” again, ever since reading this Captain Awkward column about a person (context suggests... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Brute Reason
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
What is a Biome? Variations in natural environment, including fauna and flora, are determined by an area’s climate, land formation and composition. Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Rinkesh
This is supposed to be a blog about life after cancer. 6 weeks post-recurrence, I'm still stunned that I'm now writing about life with cancer. I apologize for m... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Feedmedearly
FOOD & DRINK
Maldive IslandsMy friend and fellow children’s book writer Ann Stalcup and her husband Ed love to travel. In June 2014 they went on a trip to the United Arab... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Carolinearnoldtravel
Misty Copeland in an Under Armour commercial Misty Copeland made history on June 30th when she was promoted within the American Ballet Theatre, becoming the... Read moreThe 21 July 2015 by Juliez
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
I have a random memory of being very young and an elderly relative telling me seriously that while out in town I should be aware of the dangers of white slavery. Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Kirsty Stonell Walker
Me… when I was aged eighteenToday, I had to fill in one of those forms…The ones which claim to be asking sensible questions about yourself but, in fact, just... Read moreThe 19 July 2015 by Thejohnfleming
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ARTS & CRAFTS
- Big Mod Ornaments Update! by Ada
- my kitchen update by Laharris1
- how I made these pretty centerpieces using pineapple vases by Laharris1
- Interiors for a light heart by Decorology