Paper-Mache BowlBy Kathybarbro
2. When the bowl is dry and hard, pop the balloon if it hasn't already done so. Trim the edges of the bowl evenly with a scissors.
3. Tape a round cardboard circle to the bottom of the bowl with lots of masking tape. Apply several layers of newspaper in all directions.
4. When the bowl is dry and hard, apply a final layer of paper towel strips covered in mache.
5. When the bowl is dry, apply acrylic paint in a creative fashion. Lastly, cover with a coating of Mod Podge to protect the surface. This bowl was made by a 1st grader.
Paper Mache Recipe:
1 cups all-purpose flour
4 cups cold water
4 cups boiling water
1/2 cup sugar
In a bowl, combine the flour and cold water. Add to the saucepan of boiling water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in the sugar. Let it cool; it will thicken as it cools. Once it does, it is ready to use.
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM ARTS & CRAFTS
- NOTHS Storyboard app with Mumsnet by Lpbarton
- HALLOWEEN NAIL ART by Bambileigh
- Blinks Of Life : Life Story Week 21-24 by Jcchris
- A Peek Inside Movie Houses by Decorology
Halloween Economy Egypt Apps Lady Gaga Michelle Rodriguez Rupert Murdoch John Galliano Rick Perry Father's Day News Corp Barack Obama Christmas Mali Mardi Gras True Blood X-Factor China Nuclear Energy Russia Harry Potter Climate Change Samsung Lance Armstrong Valentine's Day Turkey Academy Awards Thanksgiving The Box Office Apple