Oxford Art Exhibition - The North Wall - Agim SulajPosted on the 14 February 2013 by Freeplanet
Not sad because it wasn't very good; the works (and there are a lot of them) were excellent quality, top shelf magic realism.
But sad because I noticed early on that there were no RED DOTS on any of the paintings. This exhibition opened ten days ago and closes at the end of February. So, I asked the receptionists, "What's with the lack of red dots, I'd have imagined these paintings would have been snapped up on Opening Night."
Well, that was not the case, NOT A SINGLE ONE OF THEM had sold. To me eyes, this is a travesty. It's easy to appreciate the ability of Agim Sulaj, and you can get as close as you want to the image before you start to see brush strokes. These aren't high resolution giclee that have been post-print overpainted to add the original touch. These are full and expressive works of art that are on sale for between £400 and £4000.
If you've got some spare cash in your account and you want an absolutely gorgeous piece of figurative art for your property, get down to North Wall and get this stuff bought.
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM DEBATE
- ISIS Threatens to behead Obama by Eowyn
- Elizabeth Warren is a dangerous narcisist by Eowyn
- Taxpayers paid $225,756 for Senator Hillary Clinton’s private plane trips by Eowyn
- The best tax is one you don't have to pay by Markwadsworth
Harry Potter Mitt Romney China Samsung Academy Awards Nuclear Energy Climate Change Turkey The Box Office The Olympics True Blood Halloween Russia Michelle Rodriguez Lance Armstrong Rick Perry Valentine's Day John Galliano Rupert Murdoch Barack Obama Christmas Egypt North Korea Lady Gaga Thanksgiving European Union Apple Mali Economy Apps
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DEBATE
- Obama chews gum, again. Indians incensed, insulted by Eowyn
- Obama’s DOJ warns you can be prosecuted for saying bad things about Islam on social media by Eowyn
- Sandy Hook: The boys who were evacuated TWICE by Eowyn
- Sandy Hoax: Forensic evidence of grey powder from shotgun’s breaching round by Eowyn
ON THE DEBATE FORUM
- What economic recovery? 109 Sears & ... Reviewed by Kirk Musgrave