On the HudsonBy Elizabethwix
Contrary to what the flag suggests, this is not Greece (ha!) but Chelsea Piers.
It is extremely, bluely, cold.
The golf range looks abandoned, and I dread to think what temperature the water is.
I come upon rather a jolly crew, and ask if I can take their picture.Hint: Pretend to be a tourist. Tourists take pictures of anything -- no questions asked.I wonder what these guy are doing. They say: fishing.
"You should wait 'til the diver comes up! ...or what we call bait!"Much laughter ensues.
Glug, glug, glug. Ice, debris and who knows what else........
But, lo and behold !.....
The diver emerges in his deep-sea diving suit....
And waves quite merrily at me.
These articles might interest you :
Tweet After roughly three years in the city of Utrecht, it is time to move on. My husband and I decided back in November that it was time to take the plunge... Read moreBy Clogsandtulips
I've been a tad quiet here on the ol' blog recently but I'm still pumping out lot's of drivel on my new-ish Facebook page PaddyinBA. Same ol' Irish half-wit... Read moreBy Quickroute
A lazy weekend, Mrs Seabee's gone into the office and I have a couple of hours before we meet for lunch so I thought I'd just post a couple of thoughts that cam... Read moreBy Seabee
Proust, in his Notes on Stendhal, is appreciative of Stendhal's 'eighteenth-century style of irony', 'pessimistic morality', and 'Voltairean elegance' (even as... Read moreBy Jaac
Daniel Green, in his blog The Reading Experience 2.0, notices how discussion around the supposed impact of the e-book on the writing of fiction seems to take fo... Read moreBy Jaac
Forgive me if this post is a bit too bossy for a Monday but here goes. No more hiding behind bright color necklaces and nail polish. I don't care what age you... Read moreBy Kena
I hardly ever think about my age. When you’re fifteen on the cusp of getting your driver’s license, or twenty on the brink of being allowed to order a glass of... Read moreBy Agadd
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Gates of Freedom: The Martin Luther Gate Arrives In London #Reformationssommer by Lwblog
- Top 9 Lakes Visited Around the World by Davedtc
- The Long Distance London Walker No.2: Meet Marc Hodes by @roquesrichard by Lwblog
- #London Nightly #Photoblog 25:02:17: Good Advice in #Southwark by Lwblog
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- Dove fare colazione a Milano. Where to have breakfast in Milan” by Xxlauraxx
- This weekend: 24th, 25th & 26th February by Nessascityblog
- Takaragawa Onsen in Winter: A Japanese Dream by Allanmwilson
- The #London of #SSGB – A Locations Map by Lwblog