These photos show one coat of 'Carnival' over three (thick) coats of Models Own 'Buff Pink'. Unlike its sister 'Mermaid', I actually found this polish really easy to apply - the glitter went on evenly and quite thickly, I didn't have to fish around in the bottle for glitter, and I didn't have any problems with it curling or bleeding. It smoothed off fairly nicely with one coat of top coat, although I think it'd take two to get it totally smooth.
As you can see, 'Carnival' contains small and medium hexagonal glitters in red, blue, green, silver, and gold, suspended in a clear base. It's gorgeous and eye-catching without being flashy or overstated, and a couple of people have asked if I've had a manicure. It looks lovely over a pale color like this but I'd imagine it'd go equally well over darker or neon colours.
Overall, I really enjoyed wearing this polish and it's definitely one I'll be coming back to regularly.
Have you tried 'Carnival'? Do you own 'Rainbow Connection', and if so, how do you think the two compare?
These articles might interest you :
Merry Christmas all! If you celebrate Christmas, how was your day? In our house we always have a huge buffet on Christmas Eve followed by a lunchtime roast... Read moreBy Natalie Tamara
FOOD & DRINK
Arutz Sheva (Israel National News) reports a major find at the sea of Galilee. The archaeologist does a good job explaining why it's such an unusual and excitin... Read moreBy Elizabethprata
Posted on the Ultralist:Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2015 17:23:46 +0000 From: lazarus <drystoneman@HOTMAIL.COM> Subject: thinking of an alaska vacation? greeting... Read moreBy Abichal
OTHER SPORTS, OUTDOORS
As I did last year and the year before, here’s another arbitrary, retrospective list of the top 20 influential conservation papers of 2015 as assessed via... Read moreBy Bradshaw
Just when you thought that warm fuzzy feeling is from the holidays, think again… lostnchina Most Benevolent LReader: I’ve been negligent in blogging this year,... Read moreBy Lostnchina
HUMOR, LOVE & SEX
Have no fear, because in between seeing Star Wars and setting up Grinch traps, our staff this holiday week has not forsaken the vast frozen tundra of the world... Read moreBy Christopher De Voss
A week back, few lifestyle bloggers were invited to an exclusive showcase of the new #IdeasOnWood at #AsianPaints #ColourStoreBandra. Read moreThe 09 February 2016 by Jhilmil D Saha
HAIR & BEAUTY
MOST POPULAR FROM HAIR & BEAUTY
- Entice - Hema S Kothari Launches Valentine Collection by Shoppingaholic
- Get Ramp Ready with the Versatile FACES Cosmetics Stackables by Shreoshe
- A Rediscovered Love Of White Nails by Hollysbeautybox
- Anherb Natural Lady Hygiene Wash Review by Natasha Bhatt
Climate Change Egypt Katie Taylor Laila Ali Halloween Holly Holm Costa Concordia Disaster Turkey UK Riots Google Apple China Alicia Ashley Christmas Lady Gaga Charlie Sheen Russia Apps Valentine's Day North Korea Marathons Harry Potter Michelle Rodriguez Thanksgiving Samsung The Box Office Norway Terror Attacks Mali Wikileaks Economy
MOST RECOMMENDED IN HAIR & BEAUTY
- What you want for Valentine’s Day: Mix*o*logie Blendable Perfume Collection by Beautyinfozone
- Je'Taun M. Taylor Maybellne's first African American Face. Celebrating Black History Month, a tribute to a beautiful Lady, who should never be forgotten by Sharriewilliams
- Laneige Water Bank Essence Skincare Range Review |Korean skincare by Sugandha Choudhary
- Pregnancy | Preparing for labour, third time round by Livedwithlove
COMMUNITY HAIR & BEAUTY
ON THE HAIR & BEAUTY FORUM
- Post-Pregnancy Skin Care: How to get ... Reviewed by Cortney Lithgow
- Upcoming Collections:Makeup Collections: MAC COSMETICS: MAC ... Reviewed by Stephen Tarenorerer
- 10 Best Makeup Products 2015 Reviewed by Adele Mcsharry
- Boroplus Advanced Moisturising Lotion With Badam ... Reviewed by Ernestine Lowman