Following up on Tours from previous years, New Belgium has announced the dates and locations of the 2011 Tour de Fat. For those who do not know about New Belgium’s Tour, it is a festival on wheels. Here are the “Ten Commandments” of the Tour.
1. Put no means of transport before thy bike
2. Honor all other bikes
3. May every generation come forth
4. Thou shall come as a participant not a spectator
5. Thou shalt not bring booze
6. New Belgium shalt not profit
7. Remember the purpose, and bring not your pooches
8. Keep the day true with thy good juju
9. Thou shall rise early
10. Thou shalt not steal thy neighbors’ bike
This year the Tour de Fat will visit 13 cities throughout the country. Check out New Belgium’s website for dates and cities. In addition, we have included dates and times on our calendar of events. Specific information for each site will be available later, so check New Belgium’s website.
One of the more intriguing aspects of the Tour is the car-bike trade. At each location, one individual can trade in their car (with title and keys) in exchange for a bike. For details on how to enter, click here. One bike will be given away in each of the cities visited by the Tour. In exchange for the car, one person in each city will receive a “a New Belgium, fully-loaded, hand-crafted, Fort Collins-built commuter bike.” To enter now, submit a two minute video “with your story and desire to be car-free. Go to our Facebook page, click on Events, and on your city of choice, upload video, photo or written word.” You can also send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.