I’ve received a few emails asking me what my Hair Regimen is. This post outines my weekly hair regimen through this past winter season. As it warms up, (which I hope will happen soon) I might wear the twists less often, but we’ll see. As always, I don’t use anything in my hair or on my skin with parabens, mineral oil, petrolatum, or sulfates. I try to stay away from cones too and I rarely dry my hair with heat.
Savvy Brown’s Curent Weekly Hair Reggie
- Wash hair in sections with Bee Mine Rhassoul Clay Clarifying Bar
- Detangle my sopping wet hair section-by-section with Giovanni Smooth As Silk Conditioner and a few drops of Vatika Oil, using a wide-tooth Shower comb
- Rinse with warm water and shake off excess
- Monthly hot-oil treatment with jojoba oil and coconut oil applied to my scalp, with excess pulled through my strands
- Condition hair with steeped black or green tea and leave-in for an hour (this is a great trick to help with shedding and dry scalp, check out this post for more info.)
- Rinse with cool water
- Damp Dry my hair by squeezing it dry with a microfiber towel
- Style into two-strand twists using Hairveda Almond Glaze, with a little jojoba oil at the tips.
This whole process takes me 2.5 hours once a week. And then I wear my hair in a twisty bun or with all the twists just pulled back, except for a few for “bangs” in the front. After a couple of days, I untwist and fluff and wear it in a twistout. I do NOT twist my hair again until “Washing day”.
Hope that helps! Feel free to comment with any questions!
- What’s your hair routine?