Butter cookies are my last cookies of the year, which happen to be popular in food blog sphere. These butter cookies have the texture of melt-in-mouth. You hardly stop eating after the first bite. I choose to shape it with Nastar mold as I found it is easy to handle compare piping. High protein flour is being used in this recipe. With the present of high protein flour the cookies pattern will not change much even after bake. However it can be replaced with all-purpose flour.
Melted Butter Cookies
Adapted from Bernice's kitchen
Yield about 25 pieces
100g butter, softened at room temperature
25g icing sugar
75g high protein flour
25g rice flour(粘米粉)
1. Beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy and pale.
2. Add in sifted flour mixture. Fold till well combine.
3. Put dough into a Nastar mold and press out into strips about 3-4cm long.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 170c for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down. I am submitting this post toChinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover
All my cookies are being packed and ready to be given to friends as gift. This year I choose to give variety of my bakes instead of jars of cookies.
Along with cookies there are butter cake, cheese yeasted scones together with homemade roselle jam. Hoping my friends will like it ^^
These articles might interest you :
Podcast: Play in new window | Download How do you play mixed doubles? Is it OK to go at the woman every time? Is it better to mix it up? Just what is the... Read moreThe 23 July 2015 by Kselz
In the begining…Harry Synder created In-N-Out Burger, and he said “Let there be burgers and fries and shakes and let it be good.”And the public said it was good. Read moreThe 23 July 2015 by Christopher De Voss
Oh shit oh shit oh shit …Did ice ages cause the Pleistocene megafauna to go extinct? Contrary to popular opinion, no, they didn’t. Read moreThe 23 July 2015 by Bradshaw
Ibiza Republic is a brand that encompasses the best from the Mediterranean and turns it into genuine and casual designs. This brand gets inspiration from Ibiza’... Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Opticalh
Nick Revell – could this man ever become a UK politician?Comedian Nick Revell is working on his next hour-long show. We had tea together in Soho.“What is the ne... Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Thejohnfleming
It’s hard enough trying to raise a child between two households. When you bring finances into the picture, things can really get messy. Read moreThe 22 July 2015 by Peppertan
During the first couple of weeks of July 2015, I was a guest of Wine Tourism in Portugal in the Douro Valley. My mission was to explore the most beautiful wine... Read moreThe 24 July 2015 by Nelsoncarvalheiro
FOOD & DRINK, TRAVEL
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- Gujarati Kadhi Khichdi by Simplytadka1
- Roti Canai with Curry Sauce (Vegetarian Recipe) by Pavani
- Degustabox August: Surprise Foodie Box & Discount Code! by Grocerygems
- National Nutrition Week with Cook Gourmet and Bagrrys by Simplytadka1
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FOOD & DRINK
- Grilled Flank Steak Pinwheels for #SundaySupper by Sue Lau
- Chef Rakesh Talwar-The Unsung Giant with a heart of Gold! by Pawan Soni
- Auntie Anne's Pretzels - Copycat recipe by Zoebakeforhappykids
- Wild time in store for guests to Brew at the Zoo by Marc Wisdom