Butter cookies are my last cookies of the year, which happen to be popular in food blog sphere. These butter cookies have the texture of melt-in-mouth. You hardly stop eating after the first bite. I choose to shape it with Nastar mold as I found it is easy to handle compare piping. High protein flour is being used in this recipe. With the present of high protein flour the cookies pattern will not change much even after bake. However it can be replaced with all-purpose flour.
Melted Butter Cookies
Adapted from Bernice's kitchen
Yield about 25 pieces
100g butter, softened at room temperature
25g icing sugar
75g high protein flour
25g rice flour(粘米粉)
1. Beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy and pale.
2. Add in sifted flour mixture. Fold till well combine.
3. Put dough into a Nastar mold and press out into strips about 3-4cm long.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 170c for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down. I am submitting this post toChinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover
All my cookies are being packed and ready to be given to friends as gift. This year I choose to give variety of my bakes instead of jars of cookies.
Along with cookies there are butter cake, cheese yeasted scones together with homemade roselle jam. Hoping my friends will like it ^^
These articles might interest you :
Some roads in New Delhi melted.This is an actual cover of yesterday's newspaper in New Delhi, India. Steve Herman is the Asia correspondent for Voice of America. Read moreThe 28 May 2015 by Elizabethprata
Airbnb has certainly been sitting pretty in the spotlight when it comes to innovative travel websites and apps. But it’s not the only one out there changing... Read moreThe 27 May 2015 by Healthytravelblog
Life is a roller-coaster ride. There are days when we are on cloud nine and there are days when we feel down for no rhyme or reason. It’s a mixed bag of emotion... Read moreThe 29 May 2015 by Sarusinghal
Former Rwandan President Juvenal Habyarimana and his family. When he died on April 6th, 1994 assassinated by a missile ordered by his successor president Kagame... Read moreThe 28 May 2015 by Therisingcontinent
To this year’s high school graduates:As you cross the stage to receive your diploma, remember that you’re crossing a brand new threshold in your young life. Read moreThe 29 May 2015 by Christopher De Voss
When SheJumps asked me to be a part of the defineFEMININE event this week at the Seattle Artcteryx store, I wasn’t quite sure what I had to bring to the table.... Read moreThe 29 May 2015 by Kimkircher
It was with near-hysterical fervor that my employees and I had signed up for a four-day guided tour of Inner Mongolia leaving on May 1 – China’s Labor Day –... Read moreThe 29 May 2015 by Lostnchina
HUMOR, LOVE & SEX
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- An All American Snack for Celebrating! by Marialiberati
- A New Mountain In North Wales by Sue15cat
- Baking | Wholewheat & Oat Dark Chocolate Brownie Cookies – deep dark chocolatey + chewy + fudgy = comfort food by Vindee
- ally & life by Ally
Mardi Gras Rick Perry Father's Day Lady Gaga China European Union Apps Christmas Apple Mitt Romney True Blood Harry Potter Wikileaks Michelle Rodriguez Kathy Long Nuclear Energy Academy Awards Turkey North Korea Kony Thanksgiving Halloween Lance Armstrong The Box Office X-Factor Economy Egypt Samsung Russia Climate Change
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FOOD & DRINK
- July 4th Menu Planner by Weliketocook
- Vegan Mushroom Bourguignon by Chuck Underwood
- Founders Updates Breakfast Stout For Non-Baby-Label States by Mybeerbuzz
- Soft and Fluffy Green Tea / Matcha Chiffon Cake 抹茶シフォンケーキ by Zoebakeforhappykids
COMMUNITY FOOD & DRINK
ON THE FOOD & DRINK FORUM
- Today's Review: Gü Hot Chocolate Reviewed by Dan