Butter cookies are my last cookies of the year, which happen to be popular in food blog sphere. These butter cookies have the texture of melt-in-mouth. You hardly stop eating after the first bite. I choose to shape it with Nastar mold as I found it is easy to handle compare piping. High protein flour is being used in this recipe. With the present of high protein flour the cookies pattern will not change much even after bake. However it can be replaced with all-purpose flour.
Melted Butter Cookies
Adapted from Bernice's kitchen
Yield about 25 pieces
100g butter, softened at room temperature
25g icing sugar
75g high protein flour
25g rice flour(粘米粉)
1. Beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy and pale.
2. Add in sifted flour mixture. Fold till well combine.
3. Put dough into a Nastar mold and press out into strips about 3-4cm long.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 170c for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down. I am submitting this post toChinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover
All my cookies are being packed and ready to be given to friends as gift. This year I choose to give variety of my bakes instead of jars of cookies.
Along with cookies there are butter cake, cheese yeasted scones together with homemade roselle jam. Hoping my friends will like it ^^
These articles might interest you :
(Left-Right) Reggie Kray, Micky Fawcett, singer Lita Roza, Ronnie Kray, actress Barbara Windsor actor Ronald FraserSo I was talking to Micky Fawcett. Read moreThe 22 October 2015 by Thejohnfleming
Manitoba brothers Jason and Tom Petric have been on a pretty wild ride for the last few months. Their debut single Here Goes Everything announced their arrival... Read moreThe 23 October 2015 by Phjoshua
LIFESTYLE, SELF EXPRESSION
It was birthday week in our household this week – not just one birthday, but two! Amy officially became a teenager on Wednesday, so on Tuesday evening the rest... Read moreThe 25 October 2015 by Mischieviousmum
Perhaps you’ve heard that former NBA player and current Kardashian victim, Lamar Odom has fallen ill most unexpectedly. What kind of world do we live in where... Read moreThe 23 October 2015 by Christopher De Voss
Pixabay photoJerusalem and Israel proper is the location where our Holy God has put His name (2 Chronicles 6:6) and set up His people. (Zechariah 2:12).As a... Read moreThe 23 October 2015 by Elizabethprata
The new domain extension .XYZ has crossed the 1 Million domain name registration mark again. However now all of the “free” Network Solutions (NetSol) domain... Read moreThe 23 October 2015 by Worldwide
“Are you making another pie?” The Farmer was letting his curiosity show with perhaps a little cautious optimism. After yesterday’s spectacular pumpkin pie,... Read moreThe 22 October 2015 by Mimiavocado
FOOD & DRINK
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- A Day in Thailand - Top Things To Do by Yummei
- Nespresso Christmas 2015 Limited Edition Variations by Grocerygems
- easyJet statement on graffiti by Emma
- Tasting Notes: Caol Ila: 12 Year by Alcoholandaphorisms
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FOOD & DRINK
- Savory Fat Free Mushroom Risotto by Chuck Underwood
- Fear by Feedmedearly
- No or Low Fat Yogurt Waffles (Two Recipes) by Zoebakeforhappykids
- Logos, Badges, & Stamps: A Lesson in Belgian Label Iconography (Part 1) by I Think About Beer
COMMUNITY FOOD & DRINK
ON THE FOOD & DRINK FORUM
- It's all about Cotton Candy Reviewed by Momsboyz Recent Passwords