Butter cookies are my last cookies of the year, which happen to be popular in food blog sphere. These butter cookies have the texture of melt-in-mouth. You hardly stop eating after the first bite. I choose to shape it with Nastar mold as I found it is easy to handle compare piping. High protein flour is being used in this recipe. With the present of high protein flour the cookies pattern will not change much even after bake. However it can be replaced with all-purpose flour.
Melted Butter Cookies
Adapted from Bernice's kitchen
Yield about 25 pieces
100g butter, softened at room temperature
25g icing sugar
75g high protein flour
25g rice flour(粘米粉)
1. Beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy and pale.
2. Add in sifted flour mixture. Fold till well combine.
3. Put dough into a Nastar mold and press out into strips about 3-4cm long.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 170c for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down. I am submitting this post toChinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover
All my cookies are being packed and ready to be given to friends as gift. This year I choose to give variety of my bakes instead of jars of cookies.
Along with cookies there are butter cake, cheese yeasted scones together with homemade roselle jam. Hoping my friends will like it ^^
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- Chinese Noodle Soup by Chuck Underwood
- Review: Hartley's Fruit Whips by Grocerygems
- I'm the Daddy by Sue15cat
- Gluten Free Menu Plan| August 2-7, 2015 by Calvin Eaton
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FOOD & DRINK
- 36 Hours in Braga, Portugal by Nelsoncarvalheiro
- my huge failure=big success by Ally
- The Most Fuss Free Chicken and Mushroom Pies that I ever baked... made from scratch and they are delicious! (Slow Cooker Central) by Zoebakeforhappykids
- Russell Lambert of M and O Fish, Darwen and Chorley Markets by Lancashirefood
COMMUNITY FOOD & DRINK
ON THE FOOD & DRINK FORUM
- Today's Review: Gü Hot Chocolate Reviewed by Dan