Melted Butter Cookies-CNY Cookies#5By Vivianpangkitchen
Butter cookies are my last cookies of the year, which happen to be popular in food blog sphere. These butter cookies have the texture of melt-in-mouth. You hardly stop eating after the first bite. I choose to shape it with Nastar mold as I found it is easy to handle compare piping. High protein flour is being used in this recipe. With the present of high protein flour the cookies pattern will not change much even after bake. However it can be replaced with all-purpose flour.
Melted Butter Cookies
Adapted from Bernice's kitchen
Yield about 25 pieces
100g butter, softened at room temperature
25g icing sugar
75g high protein flour
25g rice flour(粘米粉)
1. Beat the butter and icing sugar until fluffy and pale.
2. Add in sifted flour mixture. Fold till well combine.
3. Put dough into a Nastar mold and press out into strips about 3-4cm long.
4. Bake in preheated oven at 170c for about 15 minutes or till golden brown.
5. Remove from oven and let them sit for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack until completely cool down. I am submitting this post toChinese New Year Delights 2013 hosted by Sonia of Nasi Lemak Lover
All my cookies are being packed and ready to be given to friends as gift. This year I choose to give variety of my bakes instead of jars of cookies.
Along with cookies there are butter cake, cheese yeasted scones together with homemade roselle jam. Hoping my friends will like it ^^
These articles might interest you :
10 Dove Street, one of my favorite restaurants in Cebu, has now warmed up in its new nest at Oakridge Business Park. Though they have moved to a commercial... Read moreThe 14 April 2015 by Babe4food
FOOD & DRINK
The new ITV series Newzoids starts tonight. A satirical programme about politicians, performed by puppets. (Not too far removed from real life, then. Read moreThe 15 April 2015 by Thejohnfleming
Just after Easter, the most important holiday on the Catholic calendar, a geologist announced he had new evidence that indicated a spot in East Jerusalem is... Read moreThe 14 April 2015 by Healthytravelblog
One of the most mysterious segments of prophetic scripture are the verses telling us about the Mark of the Beast. We read about it in Revelation 13:11-18. The... Read moreThe 15 April 2015 by Elizabethprata
I received Dead sea facial mud mask in my Jan Fab bag, after using it for couple of months I have penned down my view about seasoul dead sea mask. Read moreThe 12 April 2015 by Subha Bose
FOOD & DRINK, LIFESTYLE
It is a speedy procedure to build a WordPress website/blog on a localhost. When you complete the development process, you would then surely try to move host... Read moreThe 12 April 2015 by Gaurav Tiwari
The other night I had the pleasure of dining with the former Australian Democrats leader and senator, Dr John Coulter, at the home of Dr Paul Willis (Director o... Read moreThe 12 April 2015 by Bradshaw
MOST POPULAR FROM FOOD & DRINK
- Battered Pots ..... and Even More Unusual Post by Sue15cat
- Review: Müller Corner Hawaiian Dream Pineapple Yogurt by Grocerygems
- We have some great things growing at the house this year!... by Chelseajmartin
- Essays and Alcoholisms: Working With The Grain – A Girvan Trip by Alcoholandaphorisms
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FOOD & DRINK
- Bunny Tracks Ice Cream Brownie Pie by Rachel Conners
- Chef Profile: Adam Yellin of Local Catch Bar & Grill-Blue Mountain Beach, Florida by 30aeats
- Recall Notice: Intuition Ale Works recalls entire 2015 Underdark release by Marc Wisdom
- My Mother-in-law's Madeira Cake (Nigella Lawson) by Zoebakeforhappykids