Fever, fever go away, DON'T come another day :P See I promised to be good, and so I am back, with another review. I have been eyeing the Maybelline EYESTUDIO Vivid and Smooth Eyeliner range for quite a while and as you might know, I like to hoard eye liners so I decided to try the shade Metallic Silver from this range. Today I would be sharing my views on it.
PRICE: Rs. 200
QUANTITY: Not mentioned.But I am guessing around 1gm - 2gm.
WHAT IT CLAIMS:
- Vivid color and Smooth Application ensure that eyes will never be dull again
- Available in 12 stunning shades to match your every mood
- So easy to apply, you can now be your own make up artist!
MY EXPERIENCE: Maybelline Vivid and Smooth Eyeliner Pencils comes in a black bodied packagingwith a transparent cap and a shade indicator at the tail-end. The shade Metallic Silver appears more like a gunmetal gray shade with a pearly silver sheen, on my eyes. The texture of the eye- pencil is silky smooth. It glides easily on eyes and requires 2-3 swipes to show up the dark color.
It stays on my lids for 5+ hours with slight fading. It doesn't smudge/melt and is water-proof too. It is easily sharpenable but that leads to product wastage and I can never get the sharp pointed tip. I quite like the eye pencil, but the shade isn't always wearable. The pencil comes with the date of expiry engraved on it, which I liked very much, but it doesn't have the shade name written on it, which is a disadvantage. To sum it up,
WHAT I LIKED:
- Silky smooth texture that glides on easily.
- The pencil doesn't melt like other creamy textured eye pencils.
- Stays put on my lids for 5+ hours, with very little fading post 5 hours.
- Smudgeproof and waterproof.
- Sleek black bodied packaging, with the shade indicator and the expiry date engraved on it.
- Comes in 12 different shades.
- Economical and the quantity would last a long time.
WHAT I DIDN’T LIKE:
- The shade Metallic Silver doesn't suit me always. It would go well with smokey eyes, but on it's own it looks a bit drab.
- The shade name is not mentioned anywhere.
- Need sharpening, leading to product wastage.
VERDICT: I would like to try the Gold shade next if I try this range again. Yes I am weird at choosing shades, but I want to gather all possible shades of eyepencils, not necessarily from this range though. It is definitely budget friendly and good quality eye pencil range, so you can give it a try.
RATINGS: 4 out of 5 P.S. If I sound weird, blame it on the fever! :P