Magnolia is a large genus consisting of 210 species in the subfamily Magnolioideae of the family Magnoliaceae. It's native plant of eastern North America, Central America and the West Indies also east and southeast Asia. Magnolias are grown for their beautiful flowers, fruits, foliage, and plant forms.
By the way "Magnolia bouquets" are very beautiful.
Magnolia (New Line Platinum Series)
The Magnolia flowers may be white, pink or purple. Magnolia flowers size ranges from 3-12 inch in diameter. Some species of Magnolias have strap-shaped petals depending on the species. Magnolias seeds may remain dormant for many years (15-20 years). Magnolia flowers are protogynous, appearing with or before leaves. The tepals of Magnolias are 9-15. Stamens are present on elongate torus, early deciduous; filaments white or purple, very short; anthers introrse or latrorse.
Facts About Magnolia
* Magnolia tree may be deciduous, semi-evergreen or evergreen plants.
* Magnolia leaves are usually dark, lustrous green on the upper side, but the leaves are light green, fuzzy reddish-brown or even silvery on the lower side.
* Magnolia fruit size varies from 1-8 inches.
* Magnolias bear reddish brown seeds coming in early fall (September through November).
* Plants belonging to the family to the Magnoliaceae are believed to be dating back to 95 million years ago.
* The magnolia family is one of the most primitive group of angiosperms (Phylogeny & Evolution of Angiosperms).
Boogie Nights [VHS]
You can see more my photographs or buy one of them ( if you wish :-) ) here
These articles might interest you :
Dozens of types of sweets and traditional products, aromas of mulled wine, Christmas carols and Santas cheerfully have already started winter holidays with the... Read moreBy Poundtravel
Sometimes people take their ability to hear their loved ones, their favourite TV shows and the wonders of nature for granted. The ability to hear is one of the... Read moreBy Peppertan
Chicago’s the kind of city that’s great to visit year-round, but believe it or not, it’s actually one of the best places to visit during winter – specifically... Read moreBy Urbanmatter Chicago
Peter Stanford sipped tea at Soho Theatre BarThe last time I blogged about Mensa member Peter Stanford was in June four years ago, when he was taking part in th... Read moreBy Thejohnfleming
It costs money to stay healthy but it’s even more expensive to stay sick. Being overweight carries a baggage of a lot diseases along with it. It gradually start... Read moreBy Dr Vikram Chauhan
We can all be super girls. Content Warning: this article contains a discussion of sexual assault. The other day, my best friends and I were casually chatting i... Read moreBy Juliez
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
Humans seldom find themselves defining who they are, based on mistakes. Simply because a bad feeling or a memory is more likely to stick around than a good one... Read moreBy Scribe Project
MOST POPULAR FROM ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
- Lesson 1507 – Attacking what needs to be done by Wendythomas
- Species Introductions Are Accelerating by Garry Rogers
- Top 5 Unique Rainforest Species by Frontiergap
- Invisible plastic particles from textiles and tyres a major source of ocean pollution – IUCN study by Philpickin
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
- It must be baby season… by Iratemonkey
- Images of new bleaching on Great Barrier Reef heighten fears of coral death by Garry Rogers
- Scientists have just detected a major change to the Earth’s oceans linked to a warming climate by Garry Rogers
- Go Green Week 2017: 3 Ways To Go Green by Frontiergap