Magnolia is a large genus consisting of 210 species in the subfamily Magnolioideae of the family Magnoliaceae. It's native plant of eastern North America, Central America and the West Indies also east and southeast Asia. Magnolias are grown for their beautiful flowers, fruits, foliage, and plant forms.
By the way "Magnolia bouquets" are very beautiful.
Magnolia (New Line Platinum Series)
The Magnolia flowers may be white, pink or purple. Magnolia flowers size ranges from 3-12 inch in diameter. Some species of Magnolias have strap-shaped petals depending on the species. Magnolias seeds may remain dormant for many years (15-20 years). Magnolia flowers are protogynous, appearing with or before leaves. The tepals of Magnolias are 9-15. Stamens are present on elongate torus, early deciduous; filaments white or purple, very short; anthers introrse or latrorse.
Facts About Magnolia
* Magnolia tree may be deciduous, semi-evergreen or evergreen plants.
* Magnolia leaves are usually dark, lustrous green on the upper side, but the leaves are light green, fuzzy reddish-brown or even silvery on the lower side.
* Magnolia fruit size varies from 1-8 inches.
* Magnolias bear reddish brown seeds coming in early fall (September through November).
* Plants belonging to the family to the Magnoliaceae are believed to be dating back to 95 million years ago.
* The magnolia family is one of the most primitive group of angiosperms (Phylogeny & Evolution of Angiosperms).
Boogie Nights [VHS]
You can see more my photographs or buy one of them ( if you wish :-) ) here
These articles might interest you :
What Is Congestive Heart Failure? Congestive heart failure means the blood pumping power has gone down and is found to be lower if compared to normal rate of... Read moreBy Allyson3james
This Monday is known as Blue Monday, a statistically miserable day by virtue of things like rain, dark, cold, work, abandoned resolutions, fatigue etc. Read moreBy Fitnessontoast
We all remember school trips and family outings to the zoo when we were young. We all have fond memories of seeing some wonderful creatures up close and... Read moreBy Frontiergap
ANIMALS & WILDLIFE, ECO-LIVING, ENVIRONMENT
In celebration of India's Republic Day, LG has launched the #KarSalaam initiative which aims to salute the spirit and sacrifices of the Indian soldiers. Throug... Read moreBy Jyoti Arora
We’ve all seen many underdog players or teams overachieve. On the flip side, we’ve also seen many incredibly talented players and teams underachieve. Both seem... Read moreBy Meachrm
Now that the holidays have come and gone, I've managed to move to a new house, and the Winter Outdoor Retailer Show is behind us, we can finally return to some... Read moreBy Kungfujedi
With the recent passing of Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher, the list of movie stars living from the classic era continues to dwindle. Read moreBy Johntwentyfourframes
MOST POPULAR FROM ANIMALS & WILDLIFE
- Farm Policy in Age of Climate Change Creating Another Dust Bowl, Critics Say | InsideClimate News by Garry Rogers
- Appeal to bring beavers home to the Highlands by Philpickin
- Tiny Houses: The New Sustainable Living by Frontiergap