Lower ManhattanBy Elizabethwix
I had occasion to go downtown today on an errand. The paths were slick with ice in the little park by City Hall.
Rain was falling on top of ice and droplets were decorating twigs and fountains.
It was all rather pretty --if damp.
St Paul's church is lovely in itself, even if one didn't know its roleas a respite for the rescue workers after the Trade Center attacks.
Beyond the peaceful graveyard, the new buildings grow apace.
ps. Have just read Washington Square --such a wonderful glimpse into old New York
These articles might interest you :
I just published an article over at 1 Mom’s Mission on ten simple ways to lower your carbon footprint and thought I’d expand a little bit on ways to lower your... Read moreBy Livinggreenor
Courtesy of Tyler Durden One chart stands out in today’s Breakfast with Rosie: the comparison of yesterday’s surprisingly weak Consumer Confidence number with... Read moreBy Phil's Stock World
When I started blogging, I think, that I thought I'd be posting a lot more on the beach area in which I live. It didn't really turn out that way. Read moreBy Beachbungalow8
HOME, INTERIOR DESIGN
You come back to your car only to find it's very hot inside because the vehicle has been standing in the sun for some time. You could turn on the air... Read moreBy Gerard
I met my friend Megan for a morning hike at the Devils Canyon trailhead. I had previously explored the area on March 15th and wanted to return to the area durin... Read moreBy Danncianca
It was a cloudy day and I wasn't too excited about photographic opportunities, but I really wanted to get out and go for a hike, so I decided to explore a new... Read moreBy Danncianca
It's hard for black and white to not look chic.... One day I will have a huge gorgeous mirror in my entry way like this. This room is a nice reading refuge... Read moreBy Decorology
ARTS & CRAFTS, HOME, HOME IMPROVEMENT, INTERIOR DESIGN
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Cactus. Cactus, Everywhere by Alternativeeden
- JMap 7 – More Powerful, Robust and Interoperable by T_mackinnon
- Migrant’s rights are Workers rights are Human rights by Monkeyboygoes
- #London Nightly #Photoblog 20:02:17: #BobbyMoore at #Wembley by Lwblog
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- Rejuvenating the Body at Polarity Prehabilitation by Wanderingjoshua
- I Never Thought I’d Say This: I’m Afraid to Travel by Kenin Bassart
- This weekend: 17th, 18th & 19th February by Nessascityblog
- Snapshots: Reflections of Summer in Sardinia by Jenniferavventura