The Daily Constitutional's Round Up Of London In The News – A Rolling Stones 50th Anniversary Gig Special.
FINANCIAL TIMES: “Loud, sloppy and vibrant, this was the sound of a band with an apparently insatiable appetite.” MORE.
THE GUARDIAN: “There's something perversely admirable about the way the self-styled "greatest rock'n'roll band in the world" seem openly intent on celebrating their golden jubilee by making as much money as possible with the absolute minimum of effort.” MORE.
THE STANDARD: “They have a combined age of 273, but the four Stones remain an extraordinary live proposition and over 150 minutes they embraced their first Top 20 hit, 1963’s Lennon-McCartney penned I Wanna Be Your Man, as eagerly as the new and surprisingly buoyant One More Shot.” MORE.
DAILY TELEGRAPH: “The Rolling Stones were prevented from finishing their 50th anniversary tour London concert with the signature song “(I can’t get No) Satisfaction” because of a strict curfew.” MORE.
THE INDEPENDENT: “This, of course, is the Stones' own jubilee, their 50th-anniversary celebration, and while it might lack the sheer lavish spectacle of their world-tour stagings, the event's unique cachet is assured partly by the excellence of the set list, which visits beloved corners of the band's catalog rarely featured in their usual shows, and partly by the presence of a few special guests.” MORE.
And here’s our own Rock’n’Roll London video…
Join the Rock’n'Roll London Walk on Friday at 2pm, meeting at Tottenham Court Road Station (Exit 3) – to book a Private Walk call 020 7642 3978 or email email@example.com
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- How Tidy Should a Jungle Garden Be? by Alternativeeden
- Staying at the Magnificent City View Hotel, Yau Ma Tei, Kowloon, Hong Kong by Jsbdsl
- Staying at the Dorsett Mong Kok Hotel, Kowloon, Hong Kong by Jsbdsl
- Backpacking in Hong Kong: 24 Hours Exploring Mong Kok, Kowloon by Jsbdsl
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- Russell Lambert of M and O Fish, Darwen and Chorley Markets by Lancashirefood
- Amber Fort: A Journey Back to Ancient Jaipur by Wanderingjoshua
- Scottish Italian Awards by Emma
- St. Nicholas: Filipino Food with a Twist by Wanderingjoshua
ON THE DESTINATIONS FORUM
- Making Mallorcan Memories Affordable Reviewed by Casimira Abernathy
- United States Holocaust Memorial Museum, Washington ... Reviewed by Desmond Sisco
- Friday’s Featured Food: Top 5 Food ... Reviewed by Frontiergap
- Angel Smiles Reviewed by Dhenz