Now the sun has finally come out, we venture outside to discover
a shop window smashed on 8th Avenue. At first it's hard to work out if the crime scene tape is part of the window display.
The sparrows chirp and preen as the first green shoots burst on 22nd Street.
Two people who don't know one another share a bench at lunch time...
... and down by Chelsea Piers sunny ripples reflect underneath the stern of the boat.
ps I have just discovered the gorgeous silk scarves of Yuni Kristina a wonderful Indonesian batik artist. They are available here through Novica a company that, in association with National Geographic, specializes in promoting the work of all sorts of craftspeople mainly in Asia and Central America.All eco-friendly and fair trade and all that good stuff, and excellent for corporate gifts as well as regular ones. And, yes, I am getting a super scarf for mentioning them!
These articles might interest you :
I’ve always wanted to say “When in Rome….” and mean it literally, so you can imagine how much I overused it when I actually was in Rome. Read moreBy Expatgermany
DESTINATIONS, EXPAT, TRAVEL
We were looking out of the window on Thursday as some workers were removing the last of the scaffolding from a building across the street. A crash. A cry. Peopl... Read moreBy Elizabethwix
Some weeks are busier than others. Some weeks requre more effort than most. Some weeks leave you feeling drained. Sometimes life simply gets in the way. Then... Read moreBy Russellvjward
DESTINATIONS, EXPAT, TRAVEL
LW's Richard III writes… Here we are on the Camden walk in George's coffee shop. He is one of only two independent coffee sellers in London. Read moreBy Lwblog
Who better to ask for a rundown of the best places to go to in the Philippines than the doyenne of Travel Time herself, Susan Calo-Medina? Read moreBy Gibbs22manila
We all know what we have to do on Friday evenings, but you don't necessarily have to wait till the evening to start enjoying the end of the week. Read moreBy Raghavmodi
FOOD & DRINK, TRAVEL
TweetFor this month’s edition of Expanish Spanish School Meets, we speak to Jonathan Evans from Buenos Aires Local Tours a tour company that offers the chance t... Read moreBy Expanishargentina
MOST POPULAR FROM DESTINATIONS
- Gates of Freedom: The Martin Luther Gate Arrives In London #Reformationssommer by Lwblog
- West Knoxville House Hunters: Whittington Creek Homes for Below $650,000 by Knoxvillehometeam
- #London Nightly #Photoblog 24:02:17: The Ascension of #AmyWinehouse by the Canal in #Camden by Lwblog
- Top 5 Best Countries to Learn Spanish in South America by Expanishargentina
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DESTINATIONS
- Dove fare colazione a Milano. Where to have breakfast in Milan” by Xxlauraxx
- This weekend: 24th, 25th & 26th February by Nessascityblog
- Takaragawa Onsen in Winter: A Japanese Dream by Allanmwilson
- The #London of #SSGB – A Locations Map by Lwblog