Well, since I haven't done one of these in a while, I decided to resurrect the lists. And this time is about the series that at some point liked but that eventually stopped following, I think we all have series like that, when they just start to stretch the taffy a bit too much and the series loses the spark. These are some of the series I've dropped.
5. Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Canolita. When this series started, I really liked it. I liked the idea of Kaitlin Burke, soap opera star, trying to live a normal life and having a nice boyfriend and whatever. It sounded adorable- and it kind of was, for one book. Then book 2 came around and it was basically the same as book 2, and then so was book 3. Kaitlin always bemoans her fame but freaks out whenever it might go away and her family is way crappy, the only care that she stays famous because she's their meal ticket. There are three more books but I just didn't care to read them.
4. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen I started out loving The Luxe, the first book was just SO good. I loved Diana - she was my favorite character - and it just had the makings of something really awesome. But I was midway through the second book when I heard how the series ended... and well, it didn't end up in a way I liked so I decided not to invest the time on it and just drop it there.
3. Maiden Lane Series by Elizabeth Hoyt I generally love Ms. Hoyt's books but this series just isn't clicking for me. The first book was a challenge to finish, the second one I never got around reading and the third - Scandalous Desires - finally convinced me that this series isn't for me because I just don't care about this set of characters of what happens to them. Also, the setting - St. Giles - isn't really appealing to me. So I'm waiting patiently for a new series by this author because I do love her writing.
2. Heist Society by Ally Carter I actually DNFed the second book, Uncommon Criminals, midway through. I like the secondary characters - like Hale and Gaby and Kat's extended family - but I hate Kat. She annoys me, and I just don't get why everyone fawns all over her all the time when she's always acting like she's ashamed of the family business just to later use them and their connections to her advantage. And she's often really mean to Hale who adores her.
1. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard This is the classic case of over-stretching the taffy. This series should have ended in book 4, but then it was expanded to 8 books, which I still read and it kind of still made sense, but then I found out that there would be even more books - I think it's currently up to 11 or something - and it was just more of the same. It's like they are creating troubles out of thin air to keep the series going.
What about you? Do you have any series that eventually had to abandon?
These articles might interest you :
Hello, everybody!! So another year comes to an end and here is the list of the books I loved the most in 2012. Please not that it's not only about books first... Read moreBy Darthclavie
I've got a sister (Boo) and I large extended family, most of which is female, so sisterhood is something I get, and I love, and, as a consequence, I love books... Read moreBy Darthclavie
So, it's that time of the year when we all make our lists and I plan to make a series of them about the stuff I have loved - and hated - during this grueling... Read moreBy Darthclavie
Alexander Wendt proposes a radical idea in his Quantum Mind and Social Science: Unifying Physical and Social Ontology: that we should reconsider fundamentals... Read moreBy Dlittle30
I noticed yesterday, after a quick glance at our Christmas tree, that the ornaments that were carefully placed on the tree a few weeks ago have moved! Say... Read moreBy Stacy
It poured with rain yesterday and a goodly part of the day was spent erecting a shed in the garden (yes, yes, I'm sure you can imagine the level of humour we... Read moreBy Kirsty Stonell Walker
Frost caught in flagrante delicious with capitalist caviarYesterday, I went to the annual Christmas party thrown by comic Charmian Hughes and husband David... Read moreBy Thejohnfleming
MOST POPULAR FROM BOOKS
- Blueair India launches Sense, Aware and Blueair Friend for a Healthy India by Jaideep Khanduja
- Kill Me Again – Rachel Abbott by Cleopatralovesbooks
- Fitoor Movie Review Great Expectations Lost - Lack Of Poise And Pulse by Jaideep Khanduja
- JANE AND THE WATERLOO MAP BLOG TOUR - TALKING JANE AUSTEN WITH ... STEPHANIE BARRON by Mariagrazia
Climate Change Mali Apps Marathons Charlie Sheen North Korea China Valentine's Day Christmas Costa Concordia Disaster Halloween Turkey Norway Terror Attacks Katie Taylor Economy Thanksgiving Apple Russia Egypt Holly Holm Harry Potter Wikileaks The Box Office Samsung Michelle Rodriguez UK Riots Alicia Ashley Google Lady Gaga Laila Ali
MOST RECOMMENDED IN BOOKS
- All About the Lunar New Year 2016 – The Year of Fire Monkey by Jaideep Khanduja
- A Strong Governance To Build Strong India: A Short Story by Jaideep Khanduja
- Groundhog predicts the End of Winter Storms Battle In the US by Jaideep Khanduja
- Christine Sun Kim – Creating The Sound and Music Of Deaf by Jaideep Khanduja