Well, since I haven't done one of these in a while, I decided to resurrect the lists. And this time is about the series that at some point liked but that eventually stopped following, I think we all have series like that, when they just start to stretch the taffy a bit too much and the series loses the spark. These are some of the series I've dropped.
5. Secrets of My Hollywood Life by Jen Canolita. When this series started, I really liked it. I liked the idea of Kaitlin Burke, soap opera star, trying to live a normal life and having a nice boyfriend and whatever. It sounded adorable- and it kind of was, for one book. Then book 2 came around and it was basically the same as book 2, and then so was book 3. Kaitlin always bemoans her fame but freaks out whenever it might go away and her family is way crappy, the only care that she stays famous because she's their meal ticket. There are three more books but I just didn't care to read them.
4. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen I started out loving The Luxe, the first book was just SO good. I loved Diana - she was my favorite character - and it just had the makings of something really awesome. But I was midway through the second book when I heard how the series ended... and well, it didn't end up in a way I liked so I decided not to invest the time on it and just drop it there.
3. Maiden Lane Series by Elizabeth Hoyt I generally love Ms. Hoyt's books but this series just isn't clicking for me. The first book was a challenge to finish, the second one I never got around reading and the third - Scandalous Desires - finally convinced me that this series isn't for me because I just don't care about this set of characters of what happens to them. Also, the setting - St. Giles - isn't really appealing to me. So I'm waiting patiently for a new series by this author because I do love her writing.
2. Heist Society by Ally Carter I actually DNFed the second book, Uncommon Criminals, midway through. I like the secondary characters - like Hale and Gaby and Kat's extended family - but I hate Kat. She annoys me, and I just don't get why everyone fawns all over her all the time when she's always acting like she's ashamed of the family business just to later use them and their connections to her advantage. And she's often really mean to Hale who adores her.
1. Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard This is the classic case of over-stretching the taffy. This series should have ended in book 4, but then it was expanded to 8 books, which I still read and it kind of still made sense, but then I found out that there would be even more books - I think it's currently up to 11 or something - and it was just more of the same. It's like they are creating troubles out of thin air to keep the series going.
What about you? Do you have any series that eventually had to abandon?
These articles might interest you :
Upcoming Novels: In editing and publishing phase: The Dark Trek Home In work: The Carousel in the Sky Amazon Author Page:... Read moreBy Eriktiger
BOOKS, CREATIVITY, SELF EXPRESSION
Hello, everybody!! So another year comes to an end and here is the list of the books I loved the most in 2012. Please not that it's not only about books first... Read moreBy Darthclavie
Intruder was released through Smashwords on 27th February. It’s the fourth in the Thief Series. The folk of Ur’gavan are again threatened, but by an evil from... Read moreBy Imagineer
Source: virginiasolesmith.com via Paula on Pinterest Books about brave girls (vs. pretty ones) for all ages. Which books can you add? I think I'd add Graceling... Read moreBy Bookaholic
I saw this “Happiness List” idea somewhere on the internet, and really like the positive message it gives to both kids and adults. It’s a reminder of things to... Read moreBy Kathybarbro
I recently posted my "spring's affordable wish list" as a reminder of a humble and more realistic way to acquire some of my lovely vices but this does not mean ... Read moreBy Thelovelyvice
The iPhone is the ideal toy for entertaining yourself on the subway. For one thing, it renders it oddly painterly. It gives you something to do while hanging... Read moreBy Elizabethwix
CREATIVITY, DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION
MOST POPULAR FROM BOOKS
- Blogging|| I’m in love with my new design! by Clo Hutch
- The House of Birds – Morgan McCarthy by Cleopatralovesbooks
- Toy Bloggers United contest round three, the prize bundle! by Hmcurator
- Fabulous Friday – 2 December 2016 by Whatsheread
MOST RECOMMENDED IN BOOKS
- Scientists have long feared this ‘feedback’ to the climate system. Now they say it’s happening – Washington Post by Garry Rogers
- Guest Author – Saleem Haddad on Shelving the ‘Gay Novel’ by Isabel Costello
- Millions are suffering from this after #CyberMonday and don’t realize it… by Beccachopra
- Dreams of the Machines (Time Rats Book 2) published! by Lexi Revellian