I've been so busy all week juggling going out and uni work, grr. Since I interned at Company Magazine i've been writing a few things up for them to feature in the mag and also online. In his month's issue I did a quick DIY tutorial part of their 12 days of Christmas feature of which I customised a blazer into a military piece for '12 drummer's drumming'. This is the most recent post i've done which will be coming out in the February issue.
With all things nineties back in (never thought I would say it but i'm loving) I decided to show you how easy it is to make a hair scrunchie out of any old scrap material! Yes hair scrunchies are cool! Also it's very cheap to make which is always handy!
All you need is:- some material of any king- scissors- needle and thread- ruler - elastic
Measure 40cm x 10cm of fabric. I chose a faux brown leather material I got from the market.
Fold the material in half
Sew across joining the two sides together. I actually did this in quite a rush so my sewing could be a lot neater, but it doesn't matter as you won't be able to see it.
Once sewn all the way down turn the material inside out carefully.
Cut a piece of elastic around 15cm - a lot shorter than the material as you will need it to stretch out over your hair. Thread the elastic through the leather.
Tie a knot in the elastic at the ends. Tuck the two ends of leather into each other and put a couple of stitches to sew the two pieces together.
You can do it with any material, here's a glitter one I did too which is kinda cool for Christmas!
Very easy, cheap and quick to do!
Show me photos if you make one :))
These articles might interest you :
Well, I was going to blog about the London Film Festival documentary which I saw last night – Being Evel: The Lives and Loves of a Daredevil. The trouble is it... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Thejohnfleming
This post was so popular that I have decided to add a contact form about the greens if you are interested in learning more about them! Read until the end! 5... Read moreThe 20 October 2015 by Drowqueen
"It might make sense if I read my intro first, and then respond to your questions." "15 years ago I was diagnosed with cancer..." I continued with a condensed... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Feedmedearly
FOOD & DRINK
After a long time away from blogging, I am gathering my mental strength to go back to what i love doing.Sharing that is, last month was the worst month for my... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Shegotherown
Sweetie and I are always on a vigilant lookout for more exciting adventures. Instead of having dates in classic romantic settings, we spend our loving moments... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Adrenaline Romance
I’ve got my knickers in a twist and if you know me, you know how ugly I can get when my ass is chapped. Today’s topic? Ethical, responsible, and sustainable... Read moreThe 19 October 2015 by Connergo
MOST POPULAR FROM FASHION
- Fall Fashion Picks Chosen by My Clients (Part 3) by Bridgetteraes
- Treat Yo Self by Styleofsam
- Gift Guide: The Best Friend Hamper by Winyeemichelle
- Lifestyle | Feeling Good this Winter by Megan Lillie
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FASHION
- Punk Rock and Roll in “Rebel Couture” with Léa Julian for ELLE by Benjamin Kanarek by Benjaminkanarek
- Ask Allie: Personal Style with a Health Condition by Wardrobeoxygen
- ARTmonday: 40 Artworks at the SMFA Art Sale 2015 by Stylecarrot
- Friends and Neighbors Gift Idea // Mason Jar Candle DIY by Gentrilee
ON THE FASHION FORUM
- DIY Essential Oils for Energy, Driving ... Reviewed by Jeannettecain
- Decoding the Dress Code – Casual ... Reviewed by Nicholas Rhea
- CHARLOTTE TILBURY MULTI-MIRACLE GLOW CLEANSER, MASK ... Reviewed by Stefan Polanco
- Justin Timberlake Performs At SXSW Justin ... Reviewed by Ute Mcilvain