I've been so busy all week juggling going out and uni work, grr. Since I interned at Company Magazine i've been writing a few things up for them to feature in the mag and also online. In his month's issue I did a quick DIY tutorial part of their 12 days of Christmas feature of which I customised a blazer into a military piece for '12 drummer's drumming'. This is the most recent post i've done which will be coming out in the February issue.
With all things nineties back in (never thought I would say it but i'm loving) I decided to show you how easy it is to make a hair scrunchie out of any old scrap material! Yes hair scrunchies are cool! Also it's very cheap to make which is always handy!
All you need is:- some material of any king- scissors- needle and thread- ruler - elastic
Measure 40cm x 10cm of fabric. I chose a faux brown leather material I got from the market.
Fold the material in half
Sew across joining the two sides together. I actually did this in quite a rush so my sewing could be a lot neater, but it doesn't matter as you won't be able to see it.
Once sewn all the way down turn the material inside out carefully.
Cut a piece of elastic around 15cm - a lot shorter than the material as you will need it to stretch out over your hair. Thread the elastic through the leather.
Tie a knot in the elastic at the ends. Tuck the two ends of leather into each other and put a couple of stitches to sew the two pieces together.
You can do it with any material, here's a glitter one I did too which is kinda cool for Christmas!
Very easy, cheap and quick to do!
Show me photos if you make one :))
These articles might interest you :
This is supposed to be a blog about life after cancer. 6 weeks post-recurrence, I'm still stunned that I'm now writing about life with cancer. I apologize for m... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Feedmedearly
FOOD & DRINK
Maldive IslandsMy friend and fellow children’s book writer Ann Stalcup and her husband Ed love to travel. In June 2014 they went on a trip to the United Arab... Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Carolinearnoldtravel
When parents are our buddy, When home is the place we have most fun. Gliding on the clouds of bliss, Where laughter is shared equally among old and young. Read moreThe 19 July 2015 by Sarusinghal
With the new and very funny Minions film out now wardrobes everywhere will be full of some very funny, but also rather cool minions clothing. From simple... Read moreThe 19 July 2015 by Russell Deasley
I have a random memory of being very young and an elderly relative telling me seriously that while out in town I should be aware of the dangers of white slavery. Read moreThe 20 July 2015 by Kirsty Stonell Walker
Me… when I was aged eighteenToday, I had to fill in one of those forms…The ones which claim to be asking sensible questions about yourself but, in fact, just... Read moreThe 19 July 2015 by Thejohnfleming
MOST POPULAR FROM FASHION
- My Tips to Make Moving House Easy Peasy by Lollicious
- I Hate Facial Hair! Here Are Some Ways You Can Get Rid Of Yours! by Lollicious
- My Best Advice for Luscious Lips by Lollicious
- Inspiration : 5 Pins & 5 Links by Simonea
MOST RECOMMENDED IN FASHION
- Make-up Advice to Flappers 1925 by Glamourdaze
- Packing for College With A Personal Care Kit by Vaibhavi
- Iconic 1920s Hairstyle – The Pringle Shingle by Glamourdaze
- Getting Fit with 30 Minute Hit Halifax by Trendytechie
ON THE FASHION FORUM
- Up Up To The Sky: Versace ... Reviewed by Cartier Juste Un Clou Bracelet
- Big Girls Don’t Cry at Lee ... Reviewed by Best Price Cartier Love Necklace
- Top 10 CFDA (You Can’t Fake ... Reviewed by Best Price Cartier Love Necklace
- T-Shirts Espousing The Importance of Facial ... Reviewed by Holly Charlton