- Job description-functional responsibilities-performance levels
- Skill rejuvenation, Skill enhancement
- Effective communication, Team integrity
- Job delivery, Ownership, Accountability
- Best practices, Process maturity
- Professional ethics, Individual excellence
- Employee role in the Brand development or Brand maintenance
- Employee contribution in Vision, Mission & Strategic growth of an enterprise
- Re-skilling in project transition
- Individual leadership and growth prospects in the organization
- Project Management
Identification, determination and imparting of training is a major challenge as it involves not just the right module but the conscious acceptance by the manager and the very participant. Effects or result of any training to the employees again is dependent on the defined road-map in the appraisal of post training performance levels.
What are the sources to determine training requirement? They could be:
- Employee performance appraisal reports
- Specific recommendation of reporting manager
- Natural requirement during technology transition, organizational re-engineering, brand revision, new projects, industry recession, growth challenges, merger or acquisition and many related.
- Confounding conflicts in the team(s)
- Induction of new personnel
The next challenge is implementation of training. It could be because the manager may not be in a position to spare his team members owing to project exigencies, or one or more members of the team(s) are on leave of absence, or there is a resistance from the identified team member(s).
The final challenge is identifying right faculty who is proven in the required module. Certain areas of training require highly matured, experienced and a ‘Guru’ figure as a faculty. A faculty who is highly conversational and who could engage the participants without touching the subject matter at the required scope may at times prove to be successful based on the participant’s feedback. But he won’t meet the very requirement of training thus defeating the whole exercise made by the organization. Hence, it is highly important to have an analytic approach in determining right faculty than a going for a generally accepted individual. Because, generally accepted may not meet our specific requirement.
As we can see from the above, training is a serious measure which should be handled with care so that it benefits the organization and the participant individual.