Roasted Chicken with Fresh Za’atar – the thought of it tastes yummy. Get started using of of Lebanon’s favorite ingredient, za’atar better know as thyme.
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 1/2 cups diced crusty bread
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic plus 1 head of garlic, cloves separated
- 2 teaspoons fresh green za’atar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 medium potatoes diced
- Preheat the oven to 200°c. Rinse the chicken and pat dry
- (Remove the wings and reserve optional)
- Combine the bread, parsley, minced garlic, za’atar and lemon zest in a mixing bowl and toss with 1/4 cup of the olive oil to coat evenly. Season the stuffing with salt and pepper
- Season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper and fill with the stuffing
- Tie the legs together with kitchen string
- Season the bird on the outside with salt and pepper and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- (Place the wings in a roasting pan and place the chicken on top of the wings) optional
- Roast for 20 minutes
- Reduce the oven temperature to 180°C and add the garlic cloves & the diced potatoes to the roasting pan.
- Continue roasting for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the juices run
- Transfer the chicken, the potatoes and garlic to a platter and let it rest for at least 10 minutes
Check our more delicious recipesVN:R_U [1.9.20_1166]