Last night Hookedblog headed up to Dalston's Power Lunches venue for the first ever UK exhibition of Italian street artists James Kalinda and Centina. Presented by Get Up Get Down, the one night only exhibition also marked the UK launch of the Atroce book. A 96 page publication, Atroce charts the duo's explorations of abandoned buildings across Europe and the series of works that they leave behind.
With the vast majority of what they paint in these often inaccessible locations, their work is not something you are likely to stumble upon in your daily travels like a lot of other street art that we feature on Hookedblog. It is perhaps one of the reasons why the talented duo are not as well know as they should be. We first became aware of the artists work online via their flickr pages and more recently some of their newer work has featured in photographer / Urban explorer RomanyWG's books, so for us it was great to finally see some of their works and meet with both artists in person at last night's launch. We hope through the exhibition, launch of the book and we guess this blog post in some ways that a new audience will be introduced to these promising young street artists work.
For those that missed last nights launch, the Atroce book is available online from the Get Up Get Down online store priced at £14.99.
Follow Hookedblog on Facebook or Twitter for additional photos and news.
James Kalinda & Centina UK Book LaunchBy Hookedblog
You Might Also Like :
These articles might interest you :
MOST POPULAR FROM ART & DESIGN
- Alexa Meade: Artist Who Creates Living Breathing Paintings by Inspirion
- DRESS LIKE A CRAWLEY - STYLE INSPIRATION FROM THE LADIES OF DOWNTON ABBEY by Mariagrazia
- Southwest Skies [Sky Watch Friday] by Shattman
- On beginning at the beginning by Theduchess
Rick Perry Turkey Thanksgiving World Cup 2014 North Korea Nuclear Energy Barack Obama Apple John Galliano Harry Potter Rupert Murdoch Mitt Romney Mali Halloween Michelle Rodriguez Climate Change European Union Economy Russia Samsung China True Blood Valentine's Day Lady Gaga Christmas Academy Awards Lance Armstrong Egypt The Box Office Apps
MOST RECOMMENDED IN ART & DESIGN
- Car sketches and illustrations by Grigory Bars by Luciano
- Things That Look Surprisingly Weird And Awesome When Cut In Half by Inspirion
- Five Questions: Septime Webre of The Washington Ballet by Americanart
- Luce Unplugged: 5 (plus one) Questions with the Band lowercase letters by Americanart