So, to kick off this segment I present to you ... A Tree!?!
I'm not sure how many people got the joke when our guide informed us of this wonderful tree on our way to a Woodwind Sail & Snorkel Tour (highly recommended) in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean.
So she described it as the "Tourist Tree".
Because it's RED and PEELING!
I don't plan on explaining the joke ... Either you got it or you didn't!
The tree can be found at the Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino and is memorable because although I don't peel, I do turn red (and itchy & scratchy - just like the cartoon in the Simpsons :-) when exposed to the sun. Now, this is when I have lived all my life in India, where the summer months are quite sunny to say the least. Try as it might, the Sun has never stopped me from going to the beach (which I love), just that I now have to carry anti-allergic medication and make sure the hotel I am staying at has ample supply of ice :-)
These articles might interest you :
Weeeeeeee!!!!! I'm really, really, really, thankful to Liz. She's the author behind It's a blog party, whom I'm a vivid fan. I can't thank her enough for... Read moreBy Synzmemoir
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION, TRAVEL
It's been a year since I joined the Trail Run in Bohol. It was around September when The North Face held their Thrill of the Trail in Bohol. Out of curiosity,... Read moreBy Synzmemoir
By Rosa Stockman
By Rosa Stockman
Using Google Maps and crowdsourced data from around the world, Street Art View is an ever-changing site that lets visitors explore murals, stenciling, and... Read moreBy Gerard
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, HUMOR, RANDOM
Maggy Woodley, from the UK, is mother to Red Ted (3) and Pip Squeak (1) After having Red Ted she decided to become a “stay at home mum” and now runs a Craft Blo... Read moreBy Jean Campbell
COMMUNITY, FAMILY, PARENTING, SCHOOLING
A lot of people are depressed that life is about nothing. That we are nothing more than flesh and bone. Random electrical messages disguised as our thoughts.... Read moreBy Stoffbyrd
DATING, LOVE & SEX, RELATIONSHIPS
MOST POPULAR FROM TRAVEL
- Gates of Freedom: The Martin Luther Gate Arrives In London #Reformationssommer by Lwblog
- Blooms In Rotunda da Boavista, Porto by Gail Aguiar
- Where to Find the Best Donuts in Chicago by Urbanmatter Chicago
- See Which Chicago Neighborhoods Rose and Fell in Rent This Year by Urbanmatter Chicago
MOST RECOMMENDED IN TRAVEL
- Ravinia Announces Presale Tickets for OneRepublic, John Legend, and More by Urbanmatter Chicago
- Flying for Skydiving Operations - Important Jump Pilot Information by Diverdriver
- Living “Pura Vida”: Tips for Healthy Travel and Adventure in Costa Rica by Healthytravelblog
- Why Travel to Isaan: Thailand’s Countryside by Tielandtothailand