So, to kick off this segment I present to you ... A Tree!?!
I'm not sure how many people got the joke when our guide informed us of this wonderful tree on our way to a Woodwind Sail & Snorkel Tour (highly recommended) in Bonaire, Dutch Caribbean.
So she described it as the "Tourist Tree".
Because it's RED and PEELING!
I don't plan on explaining the joke ... Either you got it or you didn't!
The tree can be found at the Divi Flamingo Beach Resort and Casino and is memorable because although I don't peel, I do turn red (and itchy & scratchy - just like the cartoon in the Simpsons :-) when exposed to the sun. Now, this is when I have lived all my life in India, where the summer months are quite sunny to say the least. Try as it might, the Sun has never stopped me from going to the beach (which I love), just that I now have to carry anti-allergic medication and make sure the hotel I am staying at has ample supply of ice :-)
These articles might interest you :
Weeeeeeee!!!!! I'm really, really, really, thankful to Liz. She's the author behind It's a blog party, whom I'm a vivid fan. I can't thank her enough for... Read moreBy Synzmemoir
DIARIES, SELF EXPRESSION, TRAVEL
It's been a year since I joined the Trail Run in Bohol. It was around September when The North Face held their Thrill of the Trail in Bohol. Out of curiosity,... Read moreBy Synzmemoir
By Rosa Stockman
By Rosa Stockman
Using Google Maps and crowdsourced data from around the world, Street Art View is an ever-changing site that lets visitors explore murals, stenciling, and... Read moreBy Gerard
ART & DESIGN, CULTURE, HUMOR, RANDOM
Maggy Woodley, from the UK, is mother to Red Ted (3) and Pip Squeak (1) After having Red Ted she decided to become a “stay at home mum” and now runs a Craft Blo... Read moreBy Jean Campbell
COMMUNITY, FAMILY, PARENTING, SCHOOLING
A lot of people are depressed that life is about nothing. That we are nothing more than flesh and bone. Random electrical messages disguised as our thoughts.... Read moreBy Stoffbyrd
DATING, LOVE & SEX, RELATIONSHIPS
MOST POPULAR FROM TRAVEL
- Top Hotel Parties for New Year’s Eve in Chicago by Chicago Genie
- #InvBdx5, the fifth anniversary competition: and the winner is... by Invisiblebordeaux
- A Starbucks Standalone Bakery Will Open in Chicago by Next Christmas by Chicago Genie
- Friends or foes: 'UK Muslims like everyone else', says one of two reports by Colin Randall
MOST RECOMMENDED IN TRAVEL
- Cruising cold by Behan Gifford
- Adventure Central: Where Your Passion for Climbing Begins by Adrenaline Romance
- 6 Perfect Winter Date Ideas in Chicago by Chicago Genie
- Romantic yellow & white wedding in Corfu by Eleni Balkouli