I ran in to a woman today who has habit of making my life miserable. She’s incredibly rude and insensitive.
Here’s a small sample of some of the things she said to me today:
- You look ridiculous
- Why do you even bother trying? You should quit.
- You look so bloated, it’s disgusting
- You are a terrible mother
- You aren’t smart enough for this
- You’re never going to lose that weight
It’s very discouraging and if it was up to her I’d probably never go anywhere or do anything, and I’d wear a paper bag over my head. Yeah, she’s a real piece of work and the worst part is that I just can’t avoid her, because she is me.
I wonder how many of us have such a cruel inner dialogue, and how do you go about changing it?