Huh?Posted on the 09 July 2011 by Mikeb302000
To recap: guy and girl go out one night to "shine" deer. ("Shining" deer is the illegal practice of hunting at night using a car's headlights or some other light source to locate and freeze deer)
Guy claims to mistake girl for a deer, shoots and kills girl.
When picked up by cops, guy is incoherent and stumbling around because of "multiple prescription medicines."
Guy gets 2-1/2 to 5 years in jail which means he'll be out in about 2 years.
For killing someone.
Thanks to the NRA, killing with a firearm has been largely decriminalized.
These articles might interest you :
Sometimes people take their ability to hear their loved ones, their favourite TV shows and the wonders of nature for granted. The ability to hear is one of the... Read moreBy Peppertan
Chicago’s the kind of city that’s great to visit year-round, but believe it or not, it’s actually one of the best places to visit during winter – specifically... Read moreBy Urbanmatter Chicago
Peter Stanford sipped tea at Soho Theatre BarThe last time I blogged about Mensa member Peter Stanford was in June four years ago, when he was taking part in th... Read moreBy Thejohnfleming
It really does feel like the final sprint now! Five more posts and then we're home, so I best get on with today's offering...La Bella Mano (1875) Dante Gabriel... Read moreBy Kirsty Stonell Walker
It costs money to stay healthy but it’s even more expensive to stay sick. Being overweight carries a baggage of a lot diseases along with it. It gradually start... Read moreBy Dr Vikram Chauhan
We can all be super girls. Content Warning: this article contains a discussion of sexual assault. The other day, my best friends and I were casually chatting i... Read moreBy Juliez
SOCIETY, WOMEN'S ISSUES
Humans seldom find themselves defining who they are, based on mistakes. Simply because a bad feeling or a memory is more likely to stick around than a good one... Read moreBy Scribe Project
MOST POPULAR FROM DEBATE
- It's Friday fun day! My fun is mocking Rump's latest adventure into inhumane executive orders, this time harming transgender children for no good reason. by Doggone
- Housing Supply (non)Crisis. LVT will sort it out. by Markwadsworth
- "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Figures" by Markwadsworth
- The Republican Platform by Lowell
MOST RECOMMENDED IN DEBATE
- Mike Philbin art - Introversions and Dichotomies - new 2017 art/concept by Freeplanet
- Christopher Bollyn - the legacy of 9-11 - business as usual @ W.H. by Freeplanet
- Brien Foerster - new Nazca organic finds - small alien skull and long three-fingered hand by Freeplanet
- Why the Lib Dems need a race equality policy group by Lesterjholloway