Apple Music was launched on Tuesday and Apple generously is giving free 3-month trial to enjoy its very new music-streaming service.
When you sign-up for the free trial you are asked to choose between an 'Individual Plan' or ' Family Plan ', once you choose that you will be automatically billed for renewal as soon as your trial expires. Apple assumes most people are enjoying Apple Music and would want to stay subscribed to the service so the auto-renewal is turned ON by default.
But if you do not wish you continue or you don't want it on auto-renewal and want to control when you want to renew is after the trail expires, you can do that.There are two ways to do that, choose the one that fits you well.
Disable Automatic Renewal from iOS Device
- Open the Music App and Tap the Profile icon at the top-left corner of the screen.
- Tap on View Apple ID. Scroll down and Tap Manage under the Subscriptions section.
- This page will show you the details of your Apple Music subscription. Turn the Automatic Renewal Toggle OFF.
Disable Automatic Renewal from Mac or Windows PC
- Open iTunes and go to the Music view. Click on the Profile icon which bears your name and login to your Apple account.
- Select Account Info from the drop down menu.
- This page will show you the details of your Apple Music subscription. Select OFF radio button in the Automatic Renewal section.
And now 3-months later ( trial ends ), you won't have to be worried about getting charged without your knowledge and consent. If you like the service you can subscribe to it anytime you like. The charges for subscription vary depending on your region.Side-note : Beats1 Radio is free for life and will be available to everyone for free even if you aren't subscribed to Apple Music.